S III Battery life...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that you have your Samsung Galaxy S III device, share your battery use...

Have you noticed great, good or just okay battery life?

Post images, too ;)

Mine (AT&T) has just been charged to 100%, so I guess we'll see how well it does tomorrow...

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Method 1
Sweep your hand to the left or right across the screen to capture a screenshot.

Method 2
Press and hold Power + Home buttons at the same time for 2 seconds.

The captured screenshot will be stored at /sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots/ folder.

Thanks! I would have never known about method one! It's kind of wonky until you figure out the right speed and finger positions to do it. Took me about ten tries to get consistent with it.

Also, Battery life seems grate for me so far though I don't have a read on hours yet. Will update at the end of this cycle.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been decent this morning with pretty so far. I will try to pay more attention. In the office, my phones have always been charging when not in use.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I cycled my battery twice. The second time it took what seemed forever to die. I'm loving the battery life so far.

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been disturbed by how fast the battery is dropping so far, but I have a feeling that has to do with the fact I haven't let the screen go blank since I picked it up this morning. :cool:

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Not even calibrated yet and I was on this thing all day.

291dlee.png

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This seems to mirror about what my friend on Sprint with his SGSIII is showing for battery life...

I would say that isn't bad for a dual core, running 1.5 ghz on that nice massive display with all the toying around everyone is doing with their new baby :)

Its actually very good, however, I was not in an LTE area.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I really can't wait to see this thing with some LTE love powering it...

Fellow Chicago suburb user here... Plainfield to be exact, waiting on our LTE update from Sprint :)

Firemeat23

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yikes mine is no where near that good, it got to 5 percent before I plugged it in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday I unplugged it 7:00 am and at 11:00 pm it was at 69%. I was in the office all day and did not use it too much, othr than emails and a few phone calls, but I am very happy with that. It is similar to what I received with the iPhone, RAZR MAXX and other good battery phones. I am in an LTE area.

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you post how to cycle the battery please? Verizon guy here pre-ordered on June 6th!
Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly when you receive it you charge it full right away for a couple of hours, then you use it until the phone shuts itself down. And then you charge it back to full and use it normally from that point. I think.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
So far today, it is running for 11hours, 2 hours of screen time browsing the internet, and 30 minutes of calls, plus some e-mails, texts, pictures, etc.--sitting at 57% remaining. Very impressive, and this is only the 2nd day that I've had the phone, so I haven't cycled the battery at all.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Post screen shots :)

(hold Home and Power button for at least 2 seconds)

So far today, it is running for 11hours, 2 hours of screen time browsing the internet, and 30 minutes of calls, plus some e-mails, texts, pictures, etc.--sitting at 57% remaining. Very impressive, and this is only the 2nd day that I've had the phone, so I haven't cycled the battery at all.