S III Battery life...

bills742

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For people posting screenshots, can you post both the overall and the screen on time? That would be more helpful than just having a percentage for the screen on. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DatBkdude

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I seriously hope my battery isnt defective any help here would be possible.here are my stats..Got the phone saturday, so this is only my second charge cycle..maybe its because the signal at my job isnt that great..and even the wifi here is ehh...any help would be GREAT..thanks

Showking

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Although today's my first full day with the phone I can tell already that the battery life is pretty good. I'm at 55% after being unplugged for 6-1/2 hours and HEAVY use... ya know, that new phone heavy use when you can't put it down. Lol. So far so good.

-Showking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I pulled my phone off the charger at 5AM yesterday (Sunday). It is now noon on Monday and I still have about 40% juice left. I'd say this is pretty good. Medium usage.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to post a screen shot, but its not working...

7 hrs 29m ---> 7%

I guess moderate-heavy use.....(more moderate IMO) screen brightness 50%

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm at 25% battery life and am at 1d 4h 6m 33s. :D

This is with gmail, exchange(getting tons of emails a day), some flipboard/currents, some web browsing, texts.. great battery life.

Screenshot_2012-06-25-16-04-52.png

Last edited:

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
really???? mines will never get that, what in the world are your settings on?????

It's not his settings. Notice in the screenshot he posted that his screen is only at 17%. He is just a very light user. If he posted his screen info you would most likely see that it was on for no more than an hour or two.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I leave the default brightness on, gmail/exchange are on push, i don't have gps turned on.. the power saving feature is off also.. dunno why I'm getting over 1D lol..

I also used google voice a bunch today.. received 32 texts from there and sent a bunch.

Dunno..

EDIT: Screen on for 1 hour 27 minutes..

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree that the screen on time should be part of the reporting, because even with my CDMA galaxy nexus I have pushed almost 28hrs with nearly no usage, where when i actually use it I'm lucky to get 3 hrs screen on time which is what is more important really.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I i have cycled my battery twice, i received the phone Saturday the 23rd , so today is my first day from a the full charges....

used navigation for an hour , screen is on brightest level -- light - somewhat moderate usage (more light IMO)

7h 51m its at 31%

Yeah, take your brightness to about 40%. It might seem dark at first, but you will get used to it and won't notice after a few hours. I think 7h 51min is okay with 100% brightness.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to post a screen shot, but its not working...

7 hrs 29m ---> 7%

I guess moderate-heavy use.....(more moderate IMO) screen brightness 50%

What's your "screen on" time. Just tap on "Screen" while checking battery stats. For me I never get more than 3 hr - 4 hr 30 min on any android phone.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the screen on time should be part of the reporting, because even with my CDMA galaxy nexus I have pushed almost 28hrs with nearly no usage, where when i actually use it I'm lucky to get 3 hrs screen on time which is what is more important really.

This is so true. I had the GNex also and it was horrible when the screen was on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair