S III Battery life...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious, doesn't having the brightness so high affect your viewing of the screen? I tried it once and it seemed rather too bright...

This is a very heavy use day with screen brightness set at 100 percent, nearly 3 hours of on screen time, an hour of Google navigation and Pandora, an hour of Web viewing and email... And then small amounts of getting play updates and downloads. I am not on LTE though. I also used my phone as a wifi hotspot for about 45 minutes for my kids while I was driving. This is pretty good considering how hard I worked the battery today.

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Power Save mode helps quite a bit. Yes the screen is a little darker when browsing the web and in certain apps. I would rather save the battery than having the screen so bright so Santa will ride my sleigh tonight and all the reindeer will love me.

PrincessKick

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if I should be impressed. I mean, I was until my assistant manager pulled out his phone (One X on Sprint). We had both been working 8 hours, took our phone off the chargers at the same time, and he was at 91% battery and I was at 56%... Granted the cell phone signal where I work is HORRIBLE on AT&T. On Sprint it's bad, but not as bad but I can barely get service where I work. So i was kind of upset that his One X on Sprint was light years ahead of the S3 and he knows nothing about power management so he keeps wifi, bluetooth, etc. on all the time where as I turn them off and he still embarrassed my S3.

Screen up time was about an hour and 20 minutes total. Had auto brightness on.

Again, not super impressed with a 2100mAh battery like this.

Um, the One X is an AT&T phone. If he's on Sprint, it's got to be a different HTC phone.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone seems to last an entire day which is good enough for me. I don't have to find the nearest charger mid way throughout the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Freaked out this morning when I realized my phone had been off the charged and unused (with good reception) for 2 hours and was down to 75%. I spent an hour with Better Battery Stats trying to figure out what was going on but was totally perplexed.

A simple reboot fixed everything. Whew.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why the android os is consuming so much power for me. It was fine for the first two days but today the android os is at 65%.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe there is an app running in the background or something. Either restart the device or hold the home button down for a few seconds and then kill all the apps from the Task Manager.

Also change the brightness from auto to say 45-50%

Does anyone know why the android os is consuming so much power for me. It was fine for the first two days but today the android os is at 65%.

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
One hour 53 minutes screen time...

Hey Navi, on this screenshot, were you just using the phone for normal calling, texting once in a while? I'm guessing it was pretty light use, as less than two hours of screen time in a full day isn't too much. I'm just very impressed by the 1day+ time, and still at half battery. If I can get that good of battery life on an LTE network, I don't even see the need to worry about turning LTE off.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Mainly text, twitter and very little use of Facebook. I think I may have made two or three short calls.

Hey Navi, on this screenshot, were you just using the phone for normal calling, texting once in a while? I'm guessing it was pretty light use, as less than two hours of screen time in a full day isn't too much. I'm just very impressed by the 1day+ time, and still at half battery. If I can get that good of battery life on an LTE network, I don't even see the need to worry about turning LTE off.

Reactions: Zulu Warrior

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...and for my next trick:

battery-3.png

battery2-1.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members