S III Battery life...

Gurpsone

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I charged my battery to 100% at 19:30.

With medium use, it was dead by 13:00 the next day.

Twitter here and there, some youtube videos and minimal browsing. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-16-12-58-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-16-12-58-31.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-20.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-09.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-16-13-04-09.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 52

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Since people are not reading all the way back:
If screen is eating your battery since the update, that implies that the brightness at the same settings is higher. Adjust your brightness ALL the way down, then adjust up as needed.

If Media is what is eating your battery, pull your MicroSD card out and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, that means you probably have a filesystem error or a "corrupted file" on the card that is causing the problem.

Note that you may have an individual app that did not survive the update well. Things like keyboards, launchers(such as Nova), and anti-virus try to merge themselves into the overall system, and during the update, the system updates MAY have messed something up. I have suggested that people uninstall these types of apps prior to the update just to be safe. You can try uninstalling apps one at a time to try to isolate what is going on, or you can do a factory reset to clear them all out and then test battery to see if all is fine without any apps.

My own battery life has been great since my update once I turned screen brightness all the way down(which is around what 30 percent USED to be like). I also make sure to shut down Google Now, and made sure to turn off the S-voice wake up command.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Since people are not reading all the way back:
If screen is eating your battery since the update, that implies that the brightness at the same settings is higher. Adjust your brightness ALL the way down, then adjust up as needed.

If Media is what is eating your battery, pull your MicroSD card out and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, that means you probably have a filesystem error or a "corrupted file" on the card that is causing the problem.

Note that you may have an individual app that did not survive the update well. Things like keyboards, launchers(such as Nova), and anti-virus try to merge themselves into the overall system, and during the update, the system updates MAY have messed something up. I have suggested that people uninstall these types of apps prior to the update just to be safe. You can try uninstalling apps one at a time to try to isolate what is going on, or you can do a factory reset to clear them all out and then test battery to see if all is fine without any apps.

My own battery life has been great since my update once I turned screen brightness all the way down(which is around what 30 percent USED to be like). I also make sure to shut down Google Now, and made sure to turn off the S-voice wake up command.

Not quite that simple..some of us have been fine since the update and are having strange, sudden, battery drops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

gonzo0203

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
First real day of jb. Pretty happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355800085790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355800085790.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 47

carlt828

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been bad since jb. Like it was when I first got my sg3. I'm below 20% in the evenings when I was averaging in the 30's.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google Now is not a battery killer. I have it and this is my battery and this is my new battery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-21-04-11-31.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-21-04-11-31.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 63

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
my battery life isnt too bad, but I dont understand why my maps app is taking so much use. I dont even have the app opened and dont even remember when I didScreenshot_2012-12-23-00-09-05.png

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
my battery life isnt too bad, but I dont understand why my maps app is taking so much use. I dont even have the app opened and dont even remember when I didView attachment 54094

Think there is a problem with it. I went to App Manager, All, uninstalled updates and think I disabled it after that. I'm still getting over 24 hours with each battery charge and I USE my phone,

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is phenomenal. Running JB. I'm on my phone constantly. Facebook YouTube Pandora. Twitter. Battery life is better after I disabled AT&T's garbage apps.

Edit: I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Tapatalk won't let me upload ATM.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is phenomenal. Running JB. I'm on my phone constantly. Facebook YouTube Pandora. Twitter. Battery life is better after I disabled AT&T's garbage apps.

Edit: I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. Tapatalk won't let me upload ATM.

Tapatalk never lets me upload.

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This is the picture I took last night before bed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356534544217.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356534544217.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 44

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Last week, how to geek ran a short piece on pixels in amoled screens and battery life. http://www.howtogeek.com/131823/htg...allpaper-save-battery-on-your-mobile-devices/

Bottom line: black on amoled screens don't illuminate pixels and therefore don't use any battery juice. White or any other color does illuminate pixels and, hence, uses up battery power.

I tried it. Unfortunately, it works. Switching from my gorgeous and grey monochrome wallpaper back to a black background has returned my battery to its previously long-lived self. No, I didn't use a meter, so no screenshots, but try it yourself and see what happens.

I say unfortunately because I love visually arresting home screens. At least now, I can make an informed choice.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.1.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is always my wallpaper and I'm about 18 hours, moderate to heavy use,lots of screen on time, 4-6 hours.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356806655369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356806655369.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 132

Lane L

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough though, the screen still lights up a little bit when it is on a black screen. But so little so, that I can only notice it if I am in a very dark room. I wonder why this is.

Last week, how to geek ran a short piece on pixels in amoled screens and battery life. HTG Explains: Does Plain Black Wallpaper Save Battery on Mobile Devices? - How-To Geek

Bottom line: black on amoled screens don't illuminate pixels and therefore don't use any battery juice. White or any other color does illuminate pixels and, hence, uses up battery power.

I tried it. Unfortunately, it works. Switching from my gorgeous and grey monochrome wallpaper back to a black background has returned my battery to its previously long-lived self. No, I didn't use a meter, so no screenshots, but try it yourself and see what happens.

I say unfortunately because I love visually arresting home screens. At least now, I can make an informed choice.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed that, but I'll experiment tonight.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey gang. My Android Systems has been equal or more to my screen time 20% or greater. I think that is eating my battery. Can anyone explain or help me?

My Nexus 7s android system remains below 10% constantly.

I mostly use my phones calendar, ever note, a to do app, Gmail, touchdown, that's about it during the day...

Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante