Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Connecting to a Mac

Quote Originally Posted by broopa View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I found an easy way to solve my problem. It seems that Kies Air client with Kies is the problem. If you just remove that component from your Kies program on your mac you should be able to sync just fine. The only problem is you won't be able to wifi sync anymore.
    I have a similar problem, but how to remove the air client is there a protocol?
    Thanks

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

If you right click the application in the applications folder and explore it you can locate the kies air app. Can't remember the specific folder it was in, but didn't take long to find. I just keep it in my recycle bin in case I ever want to use it.

Same problem here. My MacBook Pro does not recognize my Galaxy S3. I am pretty sure Kies is uninstalled but I will look again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

The problem is only happening on the newest OSX, Mountain Lion. Connecting to my old macbook pro worked just fine with android file transfer, but on my brand new one it won't connect.

Some other possible issues are with the memory card. If your memory card was from your old android, you may want to re-format it so you only have one DCIM folder, android folder etc.

I am just trying to access my memory card as an external storage device.

Will update...

I have the same problem. The Android File Transfer app just does not recognize the SGS3. I also tried to connect on the Windows side of my Mac (Parallels) but no-go. I tried several of the "fixes" from online, but still not connected.

Quote Originally Posted by ghendrey View Post
    I have the same problem. The Android File Transfer app just does not recognize the SGS3. I also tried to connect on the Windows side of my Mac (Parallels) but no-go. I tried several of the "fixes" from online, but still not connected.
    Make sure Kies isn't installed. I've noticed that if it's installed it prevents other apps like AFT from recognizing the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I either get " could not connect to device" or "can not find device" It worked about a week ago but not any more. Could the problem be the cable? also not found on pc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12