Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Bloatware

Can you uninstall the bloatware off of the SIII?

ATTNav
    MyATT

and so on? Without root access. Thanks!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Don't think so. But myATT is good to be able to view account info.

Default Re: Bloatware

Yea, I definitely want to remove MyNav. New to Android, so not keen on rooting on day 2 of ownership.

i want to remove this yp crap but looks like it is baked in with no uninstall option.

Best i have been able to do is disable those apps, then they do not show up. I just force stop, and disable in the app manager and they seem to go by by,

Newtoandroid.. how do you 'force stop' and disable them in app manager? Am going to be getting mine soon, so I'll want to do this as well. You don't seem to be so 'new to android', either, LOL

I'm a TOTAL noobie having had a dumb iP3G for the past 3 years!

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    Newtoandroid.. how do you 'force stop' and disable them in app manager? Am going to be getting mine soon, so I'll want to do this as well. You don't seem to be so 'new to android', either, LOL

I'm a TOTAL noobie having had a dumb iP3G for the past 3 years!
    All you have to do is go to settings and choose application manager and find the app ,click on it then hit force stop then disable and you will no longer see it.

I got my first android a month ago it was a one x and now I'm rocking the Sg3, first days on the one x were different from my I4s, but after that I learned the basics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Aside from disabling them, you can hide them in the apps list. when scrolling through your apps, just hit menu and then "Hide applications". Love hiding the bloat.

Some you can delete some you cannot unless you root and use titanium backup to freeze or remove. The hide app that guinnkevinr is talking about works well and is a fairly new thing. I

The good news is that this phone came with minimal bloat compared to models in the past!
    guinnkevinr likes this.

Which ones would you all consider useless and should be disabled? So far I just disabled MyNav.
    ΣΛΤ ΜΣ

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 4.2.1

Just remember, in order to receive at&t ota updates for say (Jellybean), that bloatware needs to be present.

Not an expert on at&t Android updates, so if I am wrong, please let me know.