Keyboard; which one?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the keyboard on my Skyrocket.

This one is layed out differently and when you select a comma or something it doesn't automatically insert a space...

Anyone else?

What keyboard do you use?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey is what I hear - though haven't used Android yet still waiting for my SG3!

SwiftKey is half off this week too...I would buy it but I don't see a way to get it without having an Android device.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I second and third SwiftKey. Just my .02
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I started with ultrakeyboard but am now using Smartkeyboard which I like even more. Been using it ever since and am very impressed with it and the spelling correction.

Rev.

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Currently on Swiftkey 3 and have been using the beta as well. Really solid. I also like Smart Keyboard because it has keyboard macro's (autotext like BlackBerry smartphones have had for the past 10 years) that make typing a bit faster.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Swype for well over a year. I've also tried Swiftkey (both X and 3 beta), Perfect Keyboard, and Thumb Keyboard. All nice and functional, but I keep coming back to Swype.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is the best after you get it setup and everything. I got it a long time ago as the amazon free app of the day!

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey 3 is a quick learner and now knows when you type two words together with out a space. It gets my vote.

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Using the much improved new Beta version of Swype. For a phone I find it works best for me. I have been using swiftkey on my tablet though.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Currently on Swiftkey 3 and have been using the beta as well. Really solid. I also like Smart Keyboard because it has keyboard macro's (autotext like BlackBerry smartphones have had for the past 10 years) that make typing a bit faster.

Android doesn't have an autotext function like the BlackBerry I'm moving from?? Ouch, I just figured that was pretty standard these days. :(

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't say enough about "ICS keyboard" from the Play Store. It's got the best autocorrection, has smart inserts for punctuation, and is just a great layout. No magic word-prediction, no auto-inserting crazy words you didn't want.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't say enough about "ICS keyboard" from the Play Store. It's got the best autocorrection, has smart inserts for punctuation, and is just a great layout. No magic word-prediction, no auto-inserting crazy words you didn't want.
Super double ditto. I've tried 'em all. Full version of this one is top for me.