Privacy Apps-McAfee vs Norton vs Other Ones

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Any opinions on either application? Is there a better one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How is Trustgo Antivirus? Norton seems to have been more popular.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Norton Security app full version is the way to go. $33 annual subscription. Device is protected in a manner similar to BB Protect. The device can be remotely wiped or locked. The app provide for SMS theft protection as well as protection against malware and spyware. There is the added feature to block calls and SMS as well as protection while web browsing.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
After playing a Mahjong game in an app from the Play Store, a banner appeared that said that two viruses had been found and to download that anti-virus app.

I ran Norton Anti-virus and it found no malware. Is there cause for concern and should I delete the Mahjong app? It had been downloaded more than 71k times so I figured it was safe. Is there an issue with Norton? Has anyone used the full version?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess to be more specfic...Was the message/banner in the Mahjong game just advertising to get me to download the anti-virus app? Does the Mahjong game need to be deleted? Is Norton not doing its job despite reporting no malware?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have found that Vipre by GFI to be the best available for all of my Internet connected devices. It is fast, profiles updated several times a day, free and paid subscription versions available (free version available in App Store). In other words it just plain works and works well.