VVM question

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Does this device have a built-in VVM similar to my iPhone 4S or will I have to use something like Google voice?

I really can't wait to get this phone! I was going to try to hold out for the red one but I don't know if I can wait (upgrade July 2).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just called AT&T to make sure that my account line was still provisioned for VVM. I then downloaded the AT&T VVM app from the Play Store and set it up. It was that easy.

okbow68

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So am I reading right there is no vvm built into the phone? I don't get mine until tomorrow but vvm is a must have IMHO. Does the AT&T app lump vm and texts together? What is he best vvm option for this phone?
Thanks

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
So am I reading right there is no vvm built into the phone? I don't get mine until tomorrow but vvm is a must have IMHO. Does the AT&T app lump vm and texts together? What is he best vvm option for this phone?
Thanks

On my other phones the VVM program was included on the phone when removing from the box. I didn't see it on this one, but when I went into the Google Play store, the AT&T VVM program was there for download. I already had VVM provisioned on my account so there wasn't anything else I needed to do after installing it besides putting in a password and selecting a default message.

If you don't already have the AT&T VVM, just call them and they will set it up for you. I like it better than some of the other alternatives in the Play store. Of course it is what I am used to, but it does everything I want it to.

I had a download link in a earlier post in this thread. The VVM app does not combine the voice mails and texts together. The pre-installed ATT Messages app does that. I haven't used it, because I want a seperation of the two. Did I answer your question or did I just go off on a rambling tangent.......

Reactions: okbow68

okbow68

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Perfect just what I needed to know. I don't want my messages lumped together either. So I will have to download the AT&T vvm app from the play store Thanks

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Before I downloaded the app from the Play Store, I made sure that it was not in my app drawer. I called AT&T and made sure that my account was still provisioned for VVM. Once I installed it, it was easy to set up but there were two icons on one of my homescreens so simple deleted it.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember ever contacting att to "provision" for vvm. Shouldn't the app just work? Pretty sure if you download it, the app walks you through setting it up.

I already had the app on my skyrocket and it must have automatically dl when I signed in to Google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
The skyrocket had it stock and if you used it you are provisioned. The first day it was not available on the market so I downloaded the apk directly.

It looks like it is in the market now. I have also used it since the skyrocket. It is simple and it works well for voicemail.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If we download and install the AT&T VVM app from Play store, is there any problems if we decide we don't like it and not use it any more?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It should be. You may also need to call to un-partition your Account. Not an expert by any means. Give AT&T a call to be sure.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird, but, I think today is the first time I've tried to get visual voicemail from my S III. And, of course, it doesn't work...

I can dial into it, via holding down 1. But, visual is blank\empty.

Spent 40 minutes on the phone with AT&T, to have her tell me, "Well, visual voicemail is provisioned". Great...

Anyway, still not working. I'll look into it again tomorrow.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Weird, but, I think today is the first time I've tried to get visual voicemail from my S III. And, of course, it doesn't work...

I can dial into it, via holding down 1. But, visual is blank\empty.

Spent 40 minutes on the phone with AT&T, to have her tell me, "Well, visual voicemail is provisioned". Great...

Anyway, still not working. I'll look into it again tomorrow.

In the past if you had used the messaging app it deactived VVM on the system. I would clear the data and clear the default, if set, on the messaging app then ask ATT to RESET the VVM provisioning on your account restart the phone and try the VVM app again. That worked in the past. And of course do not touch that messaging app while using VVM.

Reactions: anon(153966)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20