Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Thanks for posting these. Off topic but I wonder why Texas is so dense with LTE. Even Sprint is starting the majority of its LTE there. Looser regulation, denser populations, maybe more crazies willing to climb towers.. Dont mess with Texas LTE edition
    Keep in mind Texas is AT&T's home state. On that note this was taken in The Woodlands, Texas. Not the best I've gotten but still pretty impressive!
    Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1342231094859.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    The only problem is your test was done with the new iPad, and not a Galaxy S3, similar but not the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Default Re: Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds

Seeing some impressive speeds here. To bad Chicago got the short end of the straw. Hopefully that'll change in time and they'll add more spectrum here.

Quote Originally Posted by abot View Post
    He was not refering to the size or footprint of VZW's LTE network but the "fallback" when the LTE signal is lost. Just because your area has LTE that doesn't mean you'll get it all the time. Sometimes the signal will fallback to a lower speed. AT&Ts fallback is more layered than Verizon's with HSPA+ -> HSPA -> EDGE. With Verizon its either LTE or EVDO. AT&T's fallback is faster than VZW.
    You completely missed the point. The point was that Verizon is soon not gonna need layers since almost the entire footprint will be LTE. That's their goal by the end of 2013. If they keep their current pace, they're about to exceed it.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

I agree 100% ! Sprint in Philly on 3G was terrible: like 87 Kbps (even in the sprint store down town). Interestingly, their 4g had gotten much better very recently so I don't know if they were reallocating bandwidth. However, WiMAX on Evo kills the battery so quickly, it's not feasible to use it.

Switching to AT&T was the best decision ever!

If always getting between 2 and 5 MEG'S download speed !!!!!

Cal quality on s3 and AT&T is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    You completely missed the point. The point was that Verizon is soon not gonna need layers since almost the entire footprint will be LTE. That's their goal by the end of 2013. If they keep their current pace, they're about to exceed it.
    i think your missing the point that when big reds LTE goes out your left with crap..

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    i think your missing the point that when big reds LTE goes out your left with crap..
    I'm pretty sure you can't tell the difference between your and you're.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is what I get here in Jacksonville FL on AT&T. Keep in mind that LTE isn't Officially launched here yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-screenshot_2012-08-07-20-04-05.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by solutionpc View Post
    I'm lucky to live/work in the Boston, MA area, so shortly after I got my new GS3, I was in Methuen, and got nearly 58Mbps down and 14Mbps up...consistantly in the 50's...then as I was driving North, away from the LTE coverage area, into Salem NH, it got slower, until I lost LTE and dropped down to HSPA+ which wasn't so bad at all at 7.2Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

The next day, I got to test it around Boston and Cambridge where I get high 20's, low 30's down and around 10Mbps up. I'm a happy camper!

See attached screenshot (BTW, I love the palm-swipe screenshot feature of the GS3)

Cheers!
    I'm amazed at the speed you are getting in the Boston / Cambridge area. My office is in Chelsea, but I spend more time in Cambridge.

I have had my phone about 3 weeks and I find the LTE service very hit or miss. I've never seen speeds beyond 3-6 Mb/s down / 1 Mb/s up. I either have service or I have nothing. At my office in Chelsea, service is awful. One to two bars at most. The LTE fades in and out continually. I haven't been that impressed with AT&T's service.

Where in Boston do you spend most time? I'm usually driving around in Cambridge.

surpised and satisfied
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-screenshot_2012-08-08-13-31-55.jpg  

Sucky speeds in Boise! I believe....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1344562548838.jpg  

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

San Diego
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1344565189698.jpg  

Eh alright speeds. But much better coverage area that I had on Verizon 4G LTE in my area it was spotty. With at&t I have it like ALL around south Florida

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1344567847888.jpg  

What is considered to be good HSPA speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by kimbercutes824 View Post
    What is considered to be good HSPA speeds?
    6-12mb DL 2-3mb up
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    6-12mb DL 2-3mb up
    Umm Yeah dont think I have ever got that in Boise. I will have to continue to check it. There has been some network issues I guess around my house. Att is working on it I guess...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1344658781204.jpg  

This is day one launch in Milwaukee. They started at Miller Park and are doing testing as we speak

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1344831455230.jpg  

I live an hour and a half north of Atlanta GA. I get hspa+15. I get 5-7 mb down at my house, but when I move into town I usually get 2-5. I get around 1mb up everywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1350275005084.jpg  
    Last edited by justinvolzer; 10-14-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1350288311627.jpg
    This is just outside Dallas, TX

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
    Seeing some impressive speeds here. To bad Chicago got the short end of the straw. Hopefully that'll change in time and they'll add more spectrum here.
    Sprint has good coverage and spectrum in Chicago I told everybody att sucks in Chicago

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1350356818119.jpg  

Not too bad for HSPA+ in Milwaukee. LTE comes in two weeks as well

Milly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1350360116458.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
    I typically test over 30 megabits here in NYC/NJ. But seeing some of your speeds holy shiz!! Does anyone else find it completely off kilter that most of our 4G LTE smart phones have faster connection speeds than our home Cable connections?? I am paying for *boost* service... an extra $10 or so a month for up to 30 megabits and I usually get around 25 megabits.

*OK, well I just tested now and I'm finally seeing 31.54 megabits down and 5.13 up on my home connection. Doing it again though on 4G LTE through the same Speedtest server gave me 26.67mbps down and 12.33mbps up - well the up beat the heck out of my home Optimum Cable service connection. Gotta wonder why I'm paying so much a month!

Rev.
    Yep. I remember over the past few years where more and more people started looking at the price & performance of their cell phones, and started making the decision to drop home phone landlines alltogether. I'm beginning to wonder if we're starting to hit the next tipping point, where it may make sense to start looking at what you're paying for home internet (50mb boosted cable @ $99/mo for me!) and look at whether a data card on your cellular contract may be equal performance and cost less than continuing to have both services. Interesting times, for sure!
    Longtime BlackBerry user, navigating my way through the Android forest,
    sometimes wishing for a better map!

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

http://[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket....png[/IMG]Sadly no lte here in reno :-(
    Last edited by dalmi; 10-18-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

How are you posting these screen shots?? Every time I try it give me an error it didn't do it till they updated the app

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast