Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds

Let's see them. Post a screen shot of your speeds, along with where you were when you ran the test.

No LTE by me yet, but very nice HSPA+ speeds. Highland, IN

Default Re: Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds

tested in north Orlando, near Altamonte Springs. I don't get near this speed at home.

Sarasota FL here...

AT&T SIII, sunny FL

OP, your icon shows you as being on WIFI

EDIT: Nm, I just got that you're showing older results.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Took this tonight. It is usually over 50 mbps...Damn. Taken in Plano just north of Dallas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-screenshot_2012-06-29-18-06-10.jpg  
    CJL1092 and anonymous69 like this.

Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-screenshot_2012-06-30-18-08-03.jpg

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts

Thanks for posting these. Off topic but I wonder why Texas is so dense with LTE. Even Sprint is starting the majority of its LTE there. Looser regulation, denser populations, maybe more crazies willing to climb towers.. Dont mess with Texas LTE edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1978 View Post
    Thanks for posting these. Off topic but I wonder why Texas is so dense with LTE. Even Sprint is starting the majority of its LTE there. Looser regulation, denser populations, maybe more crazies willing to climb towers.. Dont mess with Texas LTE edition
    Funny you say that. I was speaking to a editor of a major tech web site and she mentioned the business climate in Texas. She said it is so easy to upgrade and put new towers here so the networks are some of the best. She specifically mentioned how hard it is in California and the Pacific Northwest to put new towers in an upgrade towers due to regulations etc. Not to mention that AT&T corporate HQ is in Dallas.

Someone told me that Sprint's LTE network is unofficially on and working in DFW.

HSPA+ ATRIX 2 Socal.

Sent from my ATRIX 2 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1341105387699.jpg  

you guys in Dallas are getting some crazy speeds. Im located in the NYC area, and so far 16 Mbps on the down is the best ive gotten.

NYC

T-Mobile 4G LTE

San Diego CA crazy fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Miramar/Pembroke Pines Florida
    At&t must have just turned this on today
    21Mbits. Excellent. Now the S3 is always blazing fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1341164633063.jpg  

Yeah , I'm in the sticks about 20 miles outside Austin and pulled 27 down and 5 up last night. Coming from 3G captivate , I was so stoked , unreal !!! Faster than my satellite internet that I'm stuck with out here for crying out loud.

Wow some good speeds in some parts of the country. I am beginning to wonder if it's just AT&T's Chicago LTE network that sucks ***. The speeds here are so inconsistent. Sometimes I see 10mbps down and 1-2 up, but most of the time I get 2-3 down and 1 up if I am anywhere near downtown. Now those speeds are definitely usable, but pretty poor compared to what it should be. And yes I have verified it says I am on LTE and not HSPA+ when running the tests.

Anyone else in Chicago seeing better results?
    rlb

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I just got 49 Mbps down and 15 Mbps up on LTE in Bayonne , NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mfriedman79 View Post
    Wow some good speeds in some parts of the country. I am beginning to wonder if it's just AT&T's Chicago LTE network that sucks ***. The speeds here are so inconsistent. Sometimes I see 10mbps down and 1-2 up, but most of the time I get 2-3 down and 1 up if I am anywhere near downtown. Now those speeds are definitely usable, but pretty poor compared to what it should be. And yes I have verified it says I am on LTE and not HSPA+ when running the tests.

Anyone else in Chicago seeing better results?
    AT&T only has 10Mhz of 700Mhz LTE spectrum in Chicago vs Verizon's 20Mhz nationwide, so their Chicago speeds instead of being up to 73mbps, are up to 37mbps.
    So when that spectrum is loaded, you end up seeing lower speeds much quicker than in their 20Mhz markets like NYC, San Antonio, Dallas, etc...
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    AT&T only has 10Mhz of 700Mhz LTE spectrum in Chicago vs Verizon's 20Mhz nationwide, so their Chicago speeds instead of being up to 73mbps, are up to 37mbps.
    So when that spectrum is loaded, you end up seeing lower speeds much quicker than in their 20Mhz markets like NYC, San Antonio, Dallas, etc...
    Thanks for information, but in the end still disappointing. I held off on a GSM galaxy nexus in hope for overall better data connectivity with LTE, but it seems like it will be just as inconsistent as HSPA+. On a positive note at least when its loaded its not as bad as HSPA+ yet.

Thanks for information, but in the end still disappointing. I held off on a GSM galaxy nexus in hope for overall better data connectivity with LTE, but it seems like it will be just as inconsistent as HSPA+. On a positive note at least when its loaded its not as bad as HSPA+ yet.

While any loaded network will slow down, I think it is save to say that it may take more than 2 yrs for the AT&T network to reach capacity to the point of slow downs....at which point you could change to any of the other providers that should have LTE by then. The other thing to consider is that when LTE is not present HSPA+ runs circles around VZW 3G.

I live in an area were AT&T LTE has not launched, and VZW LTE is a few blocks away. I had a Galaxy Note on AT&T for 30 days and I averaged 4-6 mbps downloads. I am on a Droid X right now (3G) and I am around 1.2 to 1.6 mbps....2.x if I get lucky! I do like the intermediate layer that AT&T provides and that by default also expand the capcity of the network....even loaded as it is, the AT&T HSPA+ network works very well (fast and reliable). I'm cancelling my VZW pre-order, and buying AT&T on Friday!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Cypress, Tx is smokin fast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1341263374018.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Crey23 View Post
    The other thing to consider is that when LTE is not present HSPA+ runs circles around VZW 3G
    Your point is just about to be invalid as Verizon has over 2/3 of their nationwide footprint blanketed with 4G LTE. So in a few months hardly any market is going to be without LTE on Verizon.
    That said, HSPA+ technology itself is much faster than EVDO which is why Verizon is getting out of their way to have the entire nation covered with 4G LTE by the end of next year. It looks like they will meet and exceed that goal.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Your point is just about to be invalid as Verizon has over 2/3 of their nationwide footprint blanketed with 4G LTE. So in a few months hardly any market is going to be without LTE on Verizon.
    Well Im not too sure about your statement over a few months as I have had VZW LTE in my area since it basically came out. It just not reach my home, or anything west of my home. I could get it in unobstructed areas a few blocks east. I have shopping around for new providers over the past 8 or 9 months, and the CSR keep insisting that the area will be covered by the end of X season.....it's been 9 months since I started researching VZW LTE, and I still cannot get an answer about LTE nor LTE itself.

The problem lies with the other 1/3 of the population, where it is unlikely that they will get LTE and are stuck with 3G.

I have been using Verizon's 3G network over the past few weeks and I am unimpressed. Yes it is a strong signal, but it is slow. I am using a Droid X with virtually nothing installed on top (Dolphin, Facebook, and 2 other aps), so it's not a loaded with apps. Granted it is not a new phone, but it compares well with my wife's Rhyme that is about 6 months old.

Overall I like having the intermediate layer that cover quite a few markets, and my needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Crey23 View Post
    While any loaded network will slow down, I think it is save to say that it may take more than 2 yrs for the AT&T network to reach capacity to the point of slow downs....at which point you could change to any of the other providers that should have LTE by then. The other thing to consider is that when LTE is not present HSPA+ runs circles around VZW 3G. ... the AT&T HSPA+ network works very well (fast and reliable)
    Sadly in downtown Chicago that is not the case. At best I am seeing about 3-4mbps down and barely 1 up when in the Loop area and several times it has been under 2mbps up. If I get further out and away from the city it does get better, but 4-6mbps is pretty much the top for me at least when going north of the city.

As for falling back to HSPA+, well that's a whole other issue in Chicagoland as AT&T is notorious for showing full signal but data can't connect and when it does it barely gets over a meg down. Of course the slow speeds are usually in the loop and I have seen very good HSPA+ speeds when getting out to the western suburbs.

I guess I just expected a bit better with the way Verizon's network runs on my Xoom. I hope AT&T finds a way to free up some spectrum or adjust some things on their network to allow for the larger communication channels.

...I hope AT&T finds a way to free up some spectrum or adjust some things on their network to allow for the larger communication channels.
    I guess they have done so in So Fla. I have friends that were getting similar results as you, but in the past year they felt a noticeable increase in speed. According to the blogs, it comes as part of the spectrum exchange with the failed deal with T-Mobile. If I recall...AT&T did not need the acquisition in order to reach 97% of Americans as they were trying to portray, but what they needed was the extra spectrum (at the loss of T-Mo I presume) in order to increase capacity in their networks.

I have decided to wait to receive my G3 from VZW, and test the reception in the areas I dwell, and see if I can live with the decision....It means nearly a $35 a month in savings over other carriers.

Fresno, CaPost your AT&T HSPA+/LTE Speeds-uploadfromtaptalk1341344930935.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast