PDANet App - Questions

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Does this work on the AT&T GS3 or has the carrier disabled it?

If not, does it allow you to use the GS3 as a hotspot for a tablet or PC without having to go through AT&T to tether?

I have the grandfathered 4G LTE unlimited data plan and don't want to give it up. Does this app allow tethering without having to contact AT&T?

Reactions: apthomas77

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this app? Does it work on AT&T?

Yes I have this app. Yes it works with the S3 and AT&T.

HOWEVER - It works on my laptop that I already had it installed on and using with my Samsung Skyrocket. Version 3.50a if I recall of PDANet. I tried to install the computer end on a netbook that I occasionally use and I couldn't get it to successfully install. It had its problems detecting the phone. Yes I for the netbook I did install the newest drivers for the phone and I tried telling PDANet it was a Samsung and I also tried 'other'. I didn't fight with it very long to try to get it to work other than that.

Again, it does work on my laptop that already had it installed and I did NOT install new Samsung drivers on it. I use it in the Wired USB tether mode.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

tonysofla

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
First time PDAnet x64 in windows would not install phone driver.
Temporary install Klink demo (another theathering prog) on windows,
and next time you run pdanet it will say that a android driver is already installed.
click no and everything should now work, it did for me.
(typing this post with pdanet3.5 app and samsung s3 at&t, phone: settings/developer options/usb debug mode)

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping to be able to tether my Playbook to my GS3 without changing my data plan.

You and I have the exact same situation. Based on what Ive read here, this is a tethering solution, not a way to turn the SIII into a wifi hotspot which is what you and I want.

wms3

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
If the above wont work for you, I found SVTP wifi hotspot in the Google Play store that creates a hotspot. My Playbook and my Dell laptop connect just fine!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles