1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Questions for anyone coming from an S2

I'm considering upgrading from the SGS2 to this. Was wondering if people thought it was worth the upgrade given a few specific criteria:

First I definitely need better battery life out of my next phone than i get out of this one. Not saying the S2 is the worst i've had, just the thing i'd most like to upgrade in a future device.

The size. Wondering if people making this switch are in any way annoyed or whatever given the phone larger size. I have decent sized hands and using the S2 has never really been a problem or anything, just figured i'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

battery better.size is great, feels so nice compared to square S2.

AT&T SIII, sunny FL

Default Re: Questions for anyone coming from an S2

How about some Skyrocket differentiation?
    I don't know exact measurements, but the GSIII definitely feels wider in hand than the Skyrocket. Enough so to where I'm not too sure I can go jogging comfortably with it in hand. I'd say that my hands are probably average-sized.

It's also a bit odd pulling it out-of-pocket, as I'm accustomed to being able to sorta twirl the Skyrocket single-handed without looking at it (thanks to that reverse "chin" on the lower rear) before putting it to any use.
    The GSIII is basically smooth all over, but for the camera lens and power/volume/home buttons. Now that I've got a nice chunky screen protector slapped on the front face, the home button is basically flush. So, less tactility. I'm not quite used to that, since it means I'm being a bit more careful than I used to.

Not to say any of these are points of discomfort or complaints. I friggin' love this thing.