Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Facebook Sync Contacts???

Set up everything working- all accounts etc.

I want to sync my facebook contacts to my phone- downloaded facebook app- went through setup- and then went to options to sync all to phone.

It will not sync. If I go to Settings--> Personal/Accounts & Sync it usually on bottom left displays Cancel Sync- and if I check each account it is only facebook that has this option if you select it from the list. If i press that- or occasionally upon entering this setting itself- it says Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly.

It has been doing this for days now. Any ideas?

Thanks all

-DJ Dosage

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

There should be a pre-installed Facebook app on the phone in the social hub. Does it have the same problem syncing?

If yes, it could be a Facebook issue or if no, just a general error with the Facebook app.

Have you tried restarting the phone and see if that helps? Uninstall and reinstall the app then try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

I don't have the s3, but have the s2 on ics waiting to upgrade.

Ics did break fb sync, likely because Google trying to convince people to use g+ instead.

Not sure if Samsung got a work around, assuming not, the solution i am using for ics is to download haxsync from play. 1 buck, but does a great job in syncing fb high res pictures, status and calendar to phone

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I have the new ICS 4.0.4 UCLF5 build on my skyrocket and Facebook sync works like a charm along with google, Yahoo and linked in. Must be a 4.0.3 stock issue. I think I'm sticking with the unofficial build seems to not have the bugs the stock ICS is having

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Default Re: Facebook Sync Contacts???

I think its because I have too many contacts in facebook- my assumption comes because even just using the facebook app, if i try to check in somewhere, and tag a friend, it doesnt work- it says that the friend list is too big.

i use facebook app most of the time, but for check-ins and contact sync I have to use Friendcaster Pro
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

I have tried to get Facebook sync working properly multiple times. I just reinstalled the App last night and it's still messed up.

My problem is that I choose to sync ONLY EXISTING contacts. It just goes ahead and syncs ALL my FB contacts to my phone - not only existing ones. However, it does sync!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...verything.html

Now I've never tried telling it to sync ALL contacts...so maybe that doesn't work. Try telling it to sync EXISTING contacts only and maybe it will do all your contacts like it does for me...at least that's what you actually want!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

i tried that no luck with that either