7/6 release date if you didn't preorder

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to one of my best friends who works for AT&T wireless and sells their phones. He told me that they can't sell any S3 phones until 7/1 unless it was a preorder. I'm getting the first one they have but he said I have to wait until then. Since I am swithcing from Sprint I couldn't preorder.

FWIW he said that AT&T was being pretty weird about the whole deal. :eek:

Last edited:

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: 7/1 release date if you didn't preorder

I'm in the Boston area & I'm just starting to see Samsung's TV ads for the S III. Might be some type of NDA.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

July 1st makes some sense if pre-orders are by June. 28 and smartphones have been released by AT&T on Sundays in the past.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

i talked to a social media manager who got an internal email at AT&T fri and they are telling everyone the 28th is release day, ive been dealing with him for a few weeks now about my wifes iphone being stolen.. they are letting me do a early upgrade for a S3.. the CS reps in this dept have always been way better than any normal rep

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I hope this is misinformation. I'm not sure why Samsung wouldn't just make enough. Apple is good at doing this with the iPhone, I can't imagine Samsung should be any different. Ahh well, still hoping for the 28th!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Both corporate stores near me in Miami told me the 28th all week long including when I called today.

The whole idea of holding them until July 1st is silly because if they have enough inventory to send them to stores, they may as well sell them. If they don't have enough inventory to satisfy pre-order demand then they wouldn't be sending them to the stores to just sit in a box until July 1st.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

I'd start an internet rumor they're launching on the 5th just so I knew there'd be plenty available for me and my non preordering self on the 28th :cool: (non serious post)

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site

All 4 Atlanta stores said 6/28, THURSDAY!

Update: When I arrived on the 28th they said they got an e-mail late the day before saying the launch was TBD....obviously it was out of their control. I traded my iphone 4s for a SGSIII this past weekend! So glad I did.

Last edited:

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting one on the 28th. I trust my friend over some guy who answers the phone at a store but he's been wrong before. Good luck to everyone, I hope you get your phone on the 28th.

Last edited:

lynxy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

any way we get before iphone 5 comes. I'm an Apple guy who in transformation right now.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting one on the 28th. I trust my friend over some guy who answers the phone at a store but he's been wrong before. Good luck to everyone, I hope you get your phone on the 28th.

YOU trust your friend, but none of us here even know your friend. I'll trust both of the AT&T employees at 2 different stores that gave me a concrete "On the 28th" answer immediately. Hoping we all get our phones sooner than later.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I walked into AT&T yesterday & pre-ordered it. Had it by this afternoon. All is up & running well. So I don't now what's going on, but I got mine 24hrs.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

YOU trust your friend, but none of us here even know your friend. I'll trust both of the AT&T employees at 2 different stores that gave me a concrete "On the 28th" answer immediately. Hoping we all get our phones sooner than later.

fair enough

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

I preordered online on 6/21. I received the shipment notification today, my phone will here tomorrow! Yay!

QuantumPion

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I asked three different stores two times each in the past week when they were getting it in, all indicated it would be at earliest next week. Yesterday I said screw it and pre-ordered it online. It shipped today by overnight and I will have it tomorrow. :eek:

akapone

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Called 3 AT&T stores today in SLC area, 2 had no clue, the third said the store gets a shipping update in their computers 2 days before they receive them in store, they have not seen anything like that in their computers.
The good news is it looks like preorders are shipping quickly so hopefully they are close to being all stocked up and will ship to stores soon.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

My local AT&T said Sunday. They open at 11 am and I'll be there waiting with my face pressed up against the glass door!

anon(827920)

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site

Called 3 AT&T stores today in SLC area, 2 had no clue, the third said the store gets a shipping update in their computers 2 days before they receive them in store, they have not seen anything like that in their computers.
The good news is it looks like preorders are shipping quickly so hopefully they are close to being all stocked up and will ship to stores soon.

My wife is a manager for best buy and the whole in the computer 2 days before really only applies when its coming on their trucks. Not something that is going to come ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox