Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spacecasespiff
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the voice button on the Samsung keyboard ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Where is the voice button on the Samsung keyboard ?

If you are talking S Voice, in the settings, make sure it is enabled. At the homescreen, double press the home key. The app may be on one of your homescreens or in the app drawer.

When the keyboard appears, say in an email or text message, in the notification bar, there is an icon that looks like a typewriter keyboard, tap on it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No the speech to text icon. It usually next to the space bar.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm a goob I found it . You need to hold down the settings button and then you see it see then you choose it and it shows up now. See the pic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where is the voice button on the Samsung keyboard ?-uploadfromtaptalk1340805520059.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Fuzzy761210 likes this.

Cool. Being new to Android, does it affect battery life at all running in the back kground?

Thanks this is my first smart phone and I could not find it either. I took it to to best buy, and they told me I had to buy an app for it to work.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have not noticed any battery change with on. I still get 15+ hours every day.

I believe that I have the feature enabled but the icon does not show up. I have to select the setting icon on the keyboard and choose google voice as my entry method. Did I miss something?

i am having the same issue. Just got an SG S3 and enabled the microphone and it does not show up on the keyboard?