1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ballistic Case Shell Gel

Has anyone have any bad luck with Ballistic brand cases? The SG OtterBox Defender style cases are now in ATT stores and almost bought one being otterbox doesnt bend over back ward for anyone but Apple when releasing cases on time

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Default Re: Ballistic Case Shell Gel

How much was it at the ATT store?
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    How much was it at the ATT store?
    $50
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

THanks for the heads up! Gonna check my local ATT store! I hear they are nice.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I just checked Otterbox's website. It still shows "coming soon" for the Defender. BUT they have added a Camo case for $59, and they are now showing 4 other colors for the Defender.

I'll have to check the local ATT store too.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I never herd of Ballistic..... are they good cases???

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Very good. Has it for my S2.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ballistic Case Shell Gel-uploadfromtaptalk1341088710719.jpg  

I was really tempted to buy this case but ultimately held off. I have a $30 gift card to best buy and was hoping to have better luck. Should I go for this or wait a few weeks for the otterbox defender? This caset seemed really bulky.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I was really tempted to buy this case but ultimately held off. I have a $30 gift card to best buy and was hoping to have better luck. Should I go for this or wait a few weeks for the otterbox defender? This caset seemed really bulky.

Well the phone is rather big. I'm gonna go and but the Ballistic case then just exchange it for a Otter box when it drops.

Yeah the phone is much larger than my iPhone but I feel better getting an Otterbox. I'll just wait. Thanks for the w quick response!

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yeah the phone is much larger than my iPhone but I feel better getting an Otterbox. I'll just wait. Thanks for the w quick response!

no problem. I'm real funny about not having a case before i bring the phone OUT the house... So I'll keep the ballistic then exchange for otter

Quote Originally Posted by Symbianblack View Post
    no problem. I'm real funny about not having a case before i bring the phone OUT the house... So I'll keep the ballistic then exchange for otter
    Agreed Im probably just going to get a cheap case for now.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Agreed Im probably just going to get a cheap case for now.

The Ballistic SG case is OK. The two capacitive buttons are hard to get to respond with protective screen covering. The molding gets in the way also of the right capacitive button.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Yeah the screen protector didnt seem to fit right for me. So I returned it today! Back to naked and a static cling case until OB drops!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Hey are the GS3 Otter Box Defender Cases out yet??

I got the ballistic case from ATT, mostly because it was one of 3 cases and I was going away so I needed one. I got it and it was pretty good. The only complaint was that the lower part of the case on the front, by the menu and back keys, made it a little difficult to press the keys. It didn't cover it, it was just a little to close for my liking, especially when I played games.

It's definately not a bad choice for a protective case, I just liked Speck's cases more. If you're going to get it thought, order it from amazon, it's almost half the price.

Amazon.com: Ballistic SX0932-M185 SG MAXX for Samsung Galaxy S3/S3 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Gray/White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Symbianblack View Post
    Hey are the GS3 Otter Box Defender Cases out yet??
    Yes it's just starting to come out. I ordered mine last week and I hope to have it by Wednesday or Thursday. Or he'll even before hand! It's shipped from NY.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

The think I like about the Ballistic cases is that the screen protector is a separate piece. You can remove it and use a protector of your choice, or it can be replaced if it gets scratched up.

Ordered my Defender yesterday on Amazon. Heard that they were at AT&T but I have regularly checked three near my home and tow Best Buys. No joy. It appears that they have started dropping but the OB website hasn't been updated.

Both the Ballistic and Defender are good cases but the Defender appears to have better play on the screen protector. There is a comparison video in the Defender video thread that I posted. Was looking for the Ballistic GS3 case drop video. The drop test is the proof in the pudding.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

It wont be long before others start reviewing it. I can not wait to get mine. I hope its here EARLY! This week!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)

I bought the maxx because it was the only super case available at the store when I bought mine and I'm a clutz.

The screen protector makes things blurry, but I contacted the company and they said you can use the case without it. I may go no screen protector because I did that with my iphone and had no scratches. I think that's the point of gg2. I would order a ob defender, but I remember the screen protector on that made things a little blurry.

I just don't want to take it off yet because me and my s3 are still honeymooning.

As people noted, the back button is hard to press, but other than that it's good. I like it over the commuter because of the holster. This phone is huge compared to my i4 and it makes my leg hot when in my pocket and it's 90 outside. If the commuter had a holster I would change.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I got the Ballistic case today from ATT because I couldn't find anyone that had Sdieo in stock. The Ballastic case/holster combo is great. Give the phone a great feel and the side button are so easy to use now. It really protects the phone and the holster makes it easy for us guys who want a way to carry it on our belt

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I bought the ballistic for the s3 at att and I love it. Doesn't add much bulk at all but gives a good feel in your hand. The one I got also comes with a holster with belt clip for a man to carry on his belt. The case would be nice for a lady also to just put in her purse without using the holster

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

Dup Post