06-01-2016 03:27 AM
- i'll add my finding here just in case anyone has the same issue. I installed "missed it" a notification app that needs accessibility access, with it on i get the "folder is open" speech but once i turn it off the speech is gone. So basically i think anyone with this issue might have installed an app that requires accessibility access. I never noticed this because i use nova launcher and only recently went back to touchwiz for kicks.11-17-2012 08:50 AM
- I too have a Galaxy S3, Verizon, ICS, and the "The folder is open (or closed)" speech notification just started on mine out of the blue a few weeks ago. I have Llama installed because it is awesome at controlling phone settings based on location. A recent update added an option in the Accessibility settings for Llama. No explanation or anything but the toggle appeared in my Accessibility settings and it was turned on by default. I turned that off and the notifications stopped. Hope this helps!
j12-02-2012 02:26 PM
- Still an issue with Jelly Bean.I've been using my new AT&T Galaxy S3 for about a month now (replaced my BlackBerry Torch, what a step up!) and this is the first significant system bug I've found.
I too started having this problem just yesterday when I installed Light Flow. I don't think there's anything wrong with the application itself. In fact it's a great app. It's just that that Light Flow needs to add a service to monitor event messages kicked out by the various applications it monitors and obviously this setting needs to be turned on.
I attribute the problem to Ice Cream Sandwich, ICS version 4.0.4 is what I'm running, because the error condition occurs irrespective of the product that installs a service. (Most products don't have to do that and so the bug has been somewhat camouflaged until now.) That said, I don't think however that we should have to wait for Jelly Bean. Who know when / if it will be available for the devices currently running ICS? This bug, as others have already pointed out is very, VERY annoying. I think we need a point release and I'm planning to email the folks at Light Flow next (who may well already know though based on how many times this error is popping up in Google search) so that they can push for that.
There is a little bit of good news here though. When one turns off Light Flow in Accessibility options (or whatever other app a Android customer running ICS has downloaded that has a service installed) the message will promptly go away.
I contacted the folks at Light Flow as I mentioned above I would do and they were quite prompt in replying. Yes, they know of the problem which they think is a bug in ICS and/or the Samsung implementation. IMO FWIW, the bug's most likely in the O/S itself, as delivered from Google. I say this because the very same bug has been seen on other phones, several Sony phone models upgraded to ICS for example.
Below is some helpful info that Andy at Rage Consulting (the author of Light Flow) provided in his email:See the top question on this page here: Galaxy S3
Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:
For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)
/end message and status update/12-15-2012 11:53 PM
- One follow on question. Having disabled the TTS aps, I find they have disappeared from my Apps list. Can anyone tell me how to get them back, in case I need to ractivate them (for whatever reason)?
PS - I used this as a fix for the Sony Smartwatch device, which gives "folder is open"... problems too - at least on my Note II.12-29-2012 11:53 AM
- i have samsung galaxy s2 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [XXLSJ]..
today i installed the No_led app from the market during the installation it asks you to enable NoLed in accessibility settings
. ie: (SETTINGS<ACCESSIBILITY<SERVICES<NoLed - on/off) set it to OFF..
that's the way to get rid of the speech notification sayin "Folder is Open", and when you close the folder it saying "Folder is Closed"..01-03-2013 05:53 AM
- Problem solved if nothing above works, then let me suggest you go to your ad ons for PANDORA. After pulling my hair out of my head, and never suspecting the PANDORA AD BLOCKER to be causing the issue, I ignored it LOL.! Once I turned it off, NO MORE The Folder is OPEN / The Folder is CLOSED Thank god! Its a bug in the software that blocks ads to your pandora app. You can find this in: Settings>Accessibility>Services>Pandora Ad Blocker (uncheck IT!) problem solved. Cheers!01-21-2013 08:16 PM
- 02-21-2013 10:31 AM
- Sadly, none of these fixes work long-term for my GS3. Disabling Google TTS worked for awhile. I don't have Light Flow installed, Go Launcher, nor Pandora Ad Blocker, etc. However, once I rebooted, the problem resurfaced. Yes, it's an annoying bug that'll have to await the next release, but in the meantime, I'll embraced it by changing the voice to 'Helium gas effect' and increase the speech rate to 'very fast.' That way, e v e r y o n e can enjoy it as well.02-22-2013 01:32 PM
- Try the following that I've just been posted someone has tried:For those who wants to try it do the following with your Samsung S3: - Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Talkback "ON" - Select "Settings" from the bottom of the page - Uncheck all Talkback options - Switch Talkback "Off" again - Go back to Settings -> Application manager -> All - Disable Google TTS (text to speech) - Disable Samsung TTS (text to speech)
I just rebooted my phone to verify that the fix lasted and it did!04-09-2013 12:24 PM
- I figured this out. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Power Controls > turn Power Controls OFF.
Idk why this works, or what the h*ll Power Controls have to do with speech while opening folders, but it does. This was driving me nuts, and the Web hasn't been too helpful. So I figured it out thru trial and error. Apparently there are a lot of folks out there having this issue.
I don't have them in my Samsung galaxy s3 where you said?
I have the GT-I9305 Samsung galaxy s3 lte
There is nothing listed where you say in mine
I've had to turn the media off completely to shut mine up
It started after I installed an app called AirPush Detector and if I disable it it stops the annoying folder open/folder closed
Maybe I should remove the app?08-19-2013 04:43 PM
- Thank you very much "justafew" , your idea did help me to get rid of annoying sound of " folder open / close" . I am using Nova , its even brillient that can copy the same folders i have created before in Android default wiz , made a hassle free transformation . thanks lot08-20-2013 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD