I'm officially an Android convert!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The quick answer to this is google. All their cloud services are seamless with android. And, its all free and really works well.

I love my MacBook Pro, but I am not willing to generate a new service bill just for my mobile, cloud needs and that is what comes with Apple - generally Apple means to much cost and too much restrictions. The ole "but it just works" is becoming a moot slogan, I don't find they have any advantage here presently. Also, anecdotal, me and many of my mac loving friends are having multiple hardware and software issues with the Apple products that seemed to never pop up in the past. Their shine is dulling.

Could not agree more.

sent from my contraband gnex

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The quick answer to this is google. All their cloud services are seamless with android. And, its all free and really works well.

I love my MacBook Pro, but I am not willing to generate a new service bill just for my mobile, cloud needs and that is what comes with Apple - generally Apple means to much cost and too much restrictions. The ole "but it just works" is becoming a moot slogan, I don't find they have any advantage here presently. Also, anecdotal, me and many of my mac loving friends are having multiple hardware and software issues with the Apple products that seemed to never pop up in the past. Their shine is dulling.

Huh? iCloud is free and destroys anything Google has in comparison. Not even close actually. It does far more and does it reliably.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2F%2Fwww.apple.com%2Ficloud%2F&token=NxnxS9Sl
Apple mobile devices are the same price or cheaper than the latest Android and Mac's are quite reasonable given the quality level and service and support provided.
Their numbers and sales show they are more popular than ever. The company I work for has thousand of Macs which are far more reliable than the HP W series laptops you could use if you wanted a PC and the HP W series laptops cost more.

Last edited:

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also an Apple guy (MacBook Air, iPad 2, Apple TV, iPhone 4S) who briefly gave the GS2 a try last fall. I lasted about ten days before going back. There were just too many things I didn't like about the phone and Android in general.

How have you found integrating the GS3 into the Apple ecosystem to be? I currently really enjoy utilizing iCloud and don't know if I'll be giving the GS3 a whirl because of how well integrated by whole little Apple world is.

Honestly it integrates fairly well. Nothing synched up automatically like it would if this were a new iOS device, but otherwise no complaints. I miss being able to snap a photo on my phone, and have it appear on my iPad, and Mac for quick editing, but e-mail works fine for that. It really stinks not having airplay functionality from my phone to Apple TV, but that's where the iPad comes in. All of my music little by little has synced over beautifully wirelessly via double twist. My biggest complaint has been getting my power beats to properly work with my S3, but that's another story all together. All in all, am I a total Android convert for life? Not even close, but the hardware on the S3 was very compelling, and I felt ICS was mature enough to give a fair shot. I miss the simplicity of iOS that's just not there in the S3 regardless of what anyone tells you, but otherwise no regrets moving over. Excited to see what the next iPhone brings.

EDIT: Not sure where the above poster gets off saying iCloud costs more than the Google counterpart. Since when did iCloud cost anything? I have been using it for free since it's inception, and it has worked beautifully. I know it's fairly commonplace amongst Googlers to bash anything Apple for the sake of bashing Apple, but that's just ridiculous right there.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Huh? iCloud is free and destroys anything Google has in comparison. Not even close actually. It does far more and does it reliably.

I've used icloud on my brothers iphone before (messing around with it since I left iphone before it was out) and I'd say it works just like Googles cloud storage. I understand your mad he bashed your product but at the same time.. They both do the same thing. It isn't more "reliable" lol.. It does the exact same thing and they (icloud and google) are always up for storage and/or streaming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

I came to Android after a 3 year run with Palm's WebOS! This is as close as I can get to it. Really miss it but I love Android too. Both we alike but very much different! Enjoy your time here! A lot of knowledge is floating around here. Just any question away!

Cheers & enjoy the SIII! It really is a bad ass device! :D

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly it integrates fairly well. Nothing synched up automatically like it would if this were a new iOS device, but otherwise no complaints. I miss being able to snap a photo on my phone, and have it appear on my iPad, and Mac for quick editing, but e-mail works fine for that. It really stinks not having airplay functionality from my phone to Apple TV, but that's where the iPad comes in. All of my music little by little has synced over beautifully wirelessly via double twist. My biggest complaint has been getting my power beats to properly work with my S3, but that's another story all together. All in all, am I a total Android convert for life? Not even close, but the hardware on the S3 was very compelling, and I felt ICS was mature enough to give a fair shot. I miss the simplicity of iOS that's just not there in the S3 regardless of what anyone tells you, but otherwise no regrets moving over. Excited to see what the next iPhone brings.

Have you tried Dropbox? They have a cross-platform photo syncing service. Easier than emailing yourself.

I feel the exact same as you otherwise, Apple fan, but still gonna get an S3.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried Dropbox? They have a cross-platform photo syncing service. Easier than emailing yourself.

I feel the exact same as you otherwise, Apple fan, but still gonna get an S3.

Dropbox is good. I wish that they gave a little more storage space. I personally use Skydrive because I get 25 GB free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I miss the simplicity of iOS that's just not there in the S3 regardless of what anyone tells you, but otherwise no regrets moving over.

Don't forget you can simplify your Android device any way that works for you. There are even third party launchers that copy the iOS interface if that makes things more comfortable for you (iLauncher is one, I think there are more). You can add/remove icons/widgets, etc. to your heart's content to make the phone behave exactly how you want it to. No rooting required. Certainly can't do that with an iPhone or iPad, even if you jailbreak it.

a6fbc7ce-2319-3b4d.jpg

stealthhockey

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It really stinks not having airplay functionality from my phone to Apple TV, but that's where the iPad comes in. All of my music little by little has synced over beautifully wirelessly via double twist.

If you download the airsync add on to doubletwist then you can use airplay, so long as what you wanna stream is in doubletwist. It's no airplay on an ios device but still works perfectly and is well worth the money spent.