Roadrunner Email on S-3

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone familiar with Roadrunner on the S-3. Often I will get a orange triangle and it will say the Username and or Password is incorrect. If you hit retry several times or cycle the wifi off and on, it goes away ( This is on a Atrix2 ).
Several people have emailed me in past and said this is a Roadrunner issue and also a issue on the Atrix2.
Does this issue exist or happen on the Galaxy S-3? Any set-up info would be appreciated.

frohoss

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have roadrunner email to but am not familiar with your issue.

My roadrunner/S3 issue is I cannot view the content of any email i receive when I open it. I can only view a few lines of every email in my inbox. So whenever i open the emails it's just a white screen for the most part.

Anybody have any thoughts on this issue?

I have the Sprint version.

mike498887

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem setting up my email on the Galaxy S3. I called Verizon who spent a lot of time helping me set it up. They couldn't get RR to send but I was able to receive email. Verizon contacted RR and found that they were using the correct incoming and outgoing settings. Verizon said that the problems are on the end RR of things and they would need to come up with a fix.
When I receive email, sometimes it comes with a black background with white text, other times there is no text at all with a white background. Hope RR comes up with a fix soon.
Update 7/28/2012 - Contacted Roadrunner but they had no solution and suggested that I call Samsung. Called Samsung tech support and got through 2 tech levels without being able to fix the problem. They asked that I contact the third level of support on Monday. I'll update when I get more information.

Last edited:

anon(573376)

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Update 7/28/2012 - Contacted Roadrunner but they had no solution and suggested that I call Samsung. Called Samsung tech support and got through 2 tech levels without being able to fix the problem. They asked that I contact the third level of support on Monday. I'll update when I get more information.

Please update again if you get anywhere with Road Runner. I haven't any trouble receiving and reading email but sending is a complete failure every time.

kiwiwade#AC

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my GS3 from T-mobile and loving it, but cannot set up my road runner email. I manually set it up, but error message " cannot connect to server" comes up. Des any one know what can I do to fix this??

Thank you in advance!

GuilderlandNY

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Roadrunner mail just fine on a AT&T S3 with the settings below. If the message is large, I get a prompt to download the entire message before I can manipulate it (Forward, etc). The screen in the e-mail text area is white w/ no text untill I do so. The same goes for large attachments - I have to tap on the attachment tab at the top of the message to download .

Roadrunner settings that work for me:

Incomming
User Name: ?myusername
Password: ?required
Pop3 server: pop-server.region.rr.com
Security Type: ?none
Port: 110
Delete e-mail from server: ?Never

Outgoing
SMTP Server: ?mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
Security Type: ?None
Port: 587
Require sign-in (check box)
user name: ?myusername@region.rr.com
Password: required

Note that the e-mail domain only has to be included in the "outgoing" username. Also, only use the "never" selection for " delete e-mail from server" section if you control your email from another device, like Outlook. Otherwise you will eventually fill up your mail quota.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Roadrunner mail just fine on a AT&T S3 with the settings below. If the message is large, I get a prompt to download the entire message before I can manipulate it (Forward, etc). The screen in the e-mail text area is white w/ no text untill I do so. The same goes for large attachments - I have to tap on the attachment tab at the top of the message to download .

Roadrunner settings that work for me:

Incomming
User Name: ?myusername
Password: ?required
Pop3 server: pop-server.region.rr.com
Security Type: ?none
Port: 110
Delete e-mail from server: ?Never

Outgoing
SMTP Server: ?mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
Security Type: ?None
user name: ?myusername@region.rr.com

Note that the e-mail domain only has to be included in the "outgoing" username. Also, only use the "never" selection for " delete e-mail from server" section if you control your email from another device, like Outlook. Otherwise you will eventually fill up your mail quota.

The easy fix is to go to your roadrunner webmail and setup mail forwarding. I just have all my roadrunner mail forwarded to my gmail account. And then get all my mail through gmail.

shaggy787

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Outgoing
SMTP Server: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
Security Type: None
user name: myusername@region.rr.com

On my droid charge I was able to use regular desktop settings with no issues on my phone even my @my.devry.edu email that is through outlook web app with no issues but with the s3 it looks like yahoo and gmail are the only ones I can get to work. The S3 will not accept the SMTP settings from above or any that I have found on the forums it either says it does not support authentication even though there is no option to uncheck it or it will say it cannot connect to the server.

Brownii

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you...changing to these settings worked for me!
I am an At&T customer with an HTC OneX and had been down (outgoing only) for two days.
This seemed to fix it for me.