Travelling with Galaxy S III

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know that Galaxy S III works just fine when travelling.

My question would be that would it accept a GSM card for other network while I travel overseas?

I will be in Taiwan for an extended time therefore it would be costly to pay for the AT&T roaming charges while travelling for three weeks. I'd be OK to check my Google Voicemail and replying with my local number in Taiwan. The main draw is that I'd have a lower cost data plan using a local GSM card.

Would I need to unlock the phone first before it would accept other network's GSM card?

If unlocking is necessary, how would I go about doing it?

thanks for your input,

Cheers,

James

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes, your phone needs to be unlocked in order to use another carrier's SIM. Call ATT, ask for the international dept, explain the situation. If your account is in good standing, they may send you an unlock code. They did this several years ago for my Blackberry Bold. Otherwise there are plenty of places advertising to unlock phones in forums. I have not used any, so can not make any recommendations, but I am sure someone here has.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes I would call AT&T first if they won't help there are sellers on eBay that you buy the code from.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci