New AT&T / Costco Account

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to wait till Costco would carry the S3, but it seems to be pushed back further and further. I opened my account back in May 21 with a HTC One X. Costco gives a 90 day return policy. What type of options do I have? If I return my phone, will that credit my AT&T account back to a new phone status? Or has that ship sailed and I need to wait it out? Seems I can grab this phone directly through AT&T or Amazon now. Another reason for the rush is my one x is having the screen issue where the top right feels to be peeling off. Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd say converse with Costco to see what they say. Albeit, something tells me if you've had a device on AT&T over 30 days, I doubt you'd get your 'upgrade' back.

As for the issue with the HTC One X, ask Costco to replace it, or consult with AT&T, they should send you a replacement regardless...

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
They already told me that once the S3 gets released they will let me swap. Or if time runs out, I can get a new One X. They did say that when they do get the s3, they will only get 1-3 at a time. Just trying to find a way to get the s3 faster lol.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Been trying to wait till Costco would carry the S3, but it seems to be pushed back further and further. I opened my account back in May 21 with a HTC One X. Costco gives a 90 day return policy. What type of options do I have? If I return my phone, will that credit my AT&T account back to a new phone status? Or has that ship sailed and I need to wait it out? Seems I can grab this phone directly through AT&T or Amazon now. Another reason for the rush is my one x is having the screen issue where the top right feels to be peeling off. Thoughts?

Return it.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So, read that if I use the CleanROM on my One X, it could fix the issues I'm having...except the hardware issues. But should I have to do all that. But man, waiting for the phone is another issue.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, just got mine. Returned my One X for it. Wow, I know I made some enemies tonight. The rep said he would swap it out no problem. Brought all the materials back, manager said nope. After some back and forth, finally walked out with a S3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You'll be happy! I had the One X for a minute, too...

Well, just got mine. Returned my One X for it. Wow, I know I made some enemies tonight. The rep said he would swap it out no problem. Brought all the materials back, manager said nope. After some back and forth, finally walked out with a S3.

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site

If they said yeah, why did they give you a hard time now?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If they said yeah, why did they give you a hard time now?

The reps said it was okay, I think the manager wanted to keep his stock of S3's for new or current customers. Since I was just swapping my new One X for a S3, he just started complaining. I was so pissed tho. He even said I was lying and that none of his reps would say that I could swap out. I did have issues with my One X, my screen was peeling away from the phone. He said that might be the way the phone was designed, so he was trying to open another One X to confirm. At that point I told him to just give me the S3. He had me talk to the Costco manager and the manager said I was right and he walked the S3 over to him to swap my phone out. *shrugs*