Backing up my Galaxy SIII

mckain87

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So I have been trying to research online how I can back up my Galaxy SIII and the only things that I am finding have to do with rooting. I do not want to root my phone, I do not feel I am that experienced with things like that and I would most likely end up messing my phone up.

Does anyone know of another way I can back up my phone up? Like my pictures and contacts are the big ones for me! Any information will be awesome! Thanks guys!

Zach

chris mart

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Use my phone explorer. It can backup your phone.

JS backup also work with non-rooted phone.

Sent from Taptalk. Please excuse my brevity.

mckain87

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people tell me that I can back up to my Gmail account but I can not figure out how to do this on my S3. If anyone can let me know exactly how I back things up on there I would appreciate it!

Also, does anyone know how I can tell if my contacts are saved to my phone or to my SD card. I want them saved to my SD card but I do not know how I can tell which location they are stored in.

Thanks guys!

6amdpsurfer

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Backing up my Galaxy S3

I was able to back up my contacts on my SGS3 by: from home screen, go to contacts, then menu, select Import/Export, then select Export to USB storage, and this will give you a screen to "confirm export to a file on your sdcard, click 'ok' and you contacts are copied to a file on your SD card.

You can select 'apps' from your home screen, select the 'My Files' folder, select the sdcard folder, and you will see a file ..... 00001.vdf ...file.
Long click the file and select "Share via" and then select Gmail and send it to the gmail account where you wish to have your contacts.

Access your gmail account on your computer etc, and open the mail. You will find the file and it will give you the option of "Import to Contacts" Click it. It may give you the option to merge duplicates. You will now have your contacts on your gmail account.

Verify by selecting the 'down arrow' by the red Gmail in the top left. Select contacts and you are good to go.

Hope all that helps. It worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer