Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelly Kearns
  • 1 Post By jcp007
  • 1 Post By UnfocusedHTC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Barcode Scanning

On my BB 9810, you could use the RFC to scan barcodes. Does the GS3 have this capability? I have not seen it. If not, do you need an app for it? If so, which one?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

Google goggles works, and I always check the price with the amazon app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

Default Re: Barcode Scanning

If you are on at&t, one of their apps available is a bar code scanner that also scans QR codes. There are also a few other free apps in the app store that do the same thing.

I use another called ShopSavvy at times, it's free.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

+1 ShopSavvy

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

QRDroid seems pretty good you can scan bar codes in addition to QR codes
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Do they work when scanning barcodes that download apps or messages to your phone?

I use Red Laser. haven't had much call to use it, but it is better than anything that starts with AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp007 View Post
    Do they work when scanning barcodes that download apps or messages to your phone?
    I use this AT&T one, works great, does everything and it's free.

grunt0300 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks very much. Merry Christmas!!!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

I use the AT&T app. Works great. Scans everything I've ever tried.

Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB
    grunt0300 likes this.

ROM
    Intergalactic 2.4

Google Now seems to do a decent job at it, though I've never used a bar code app to compare it to.

Where could I find those barcode scanner apps for Samsung phone? Is there anyone give me a website?

Quote Originally Posted by mat miller View Post
    Where could I find those barcode scanner apps for Samsung phone? Is there anyone give me a website?
    In the Google Play store, just search for Barcode Scanner

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

scanning has become a process that is encountered on a daily basis especially in the retail industry. For that respect this article has been designed to help the reader understand in a better manner the importance of barcode scanning and the advantages it can bring for the retail industry.

The main role of the barcode is to be placed on a product and act pretty much as an identification method in order for that product to be recognized and sold. This barcode scanning procedure is extremely useful especially in the POS system which represents the point of sale procedure that takes place in any supermarket for example when the buyer or consumer has reached the booth to pay for his products.

Barcode scanning implies the teller grabbing the product and then scanning the barcode behind it with a scanner that will later on transform the data in number and thus calculate the price of the product so it can be added to the grocery list of the buyer. Scanning can also reveal more than only the price of that certain product as the expiration date, the id number or the series that the certain product has and several other option like brought in a certain date or designated for a certain company.

Barcode scanning can be done by barcode scanners and these come in different shapes and size which the owner can purchase according to his or her own criteria of expertise or certain line of business and the scanners also include various types if technology being designed for barcode decrypting when the bar code is unreadable by normal machines or the ability to stay wireless so you can use it as a portable device while you are walking freely through the facility.

These small machines brilliantly fulfil their purpose to scan bar codes however they have to be taken care of as they are relatively small in size and also fragile. They are designed from the manufacturers to be strong little gadgets as you can drop some of them from 3 feet and see that they are not damaged in any way however I would not recommend them for a friendly match of soccer.

Barcode scanning is one of the most used processes in the retail industry and in order to successfully complete this process you are going to need the necessary tools. make sure you choose wisely all the tools of the trade and you will be just fine in your attempt to sail along with the big fish in the retail industry.