Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Anyone not using a screen protector?

I have always used a screen protector for my phones.

I think Steinheil is the best. It comes in two flavors:

Ultra Nano Clear - an oil-resistant coating that keeps it's surface clean. Any smudges from oils, cosmetics, grease are easier to wipe away.

or

Ultra Nano Optics - Anti Fingerprints and smudges
    Banned

Never use them i find them useless no matter what dust and other crap always got under the protector even on a zagg

Sent from the Darkside of the Force

Never have, never will.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I got the AT&T screen protector, not a fan of matte protectors but I'm a bit neurotic about a perfect screen so can't go without.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I have never used a screen proctor
    ~Jae~

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm waiting for a good one to come out for the SIII. Don't seem to be too many offered as of yet, but I'm sure that will change soon. Got the Otterbox Commuter case so I feel better in case I drop it!

ROM
    Clean Rom 2.1

I have the Spigen Nano Optics ready to put on. Anti-fingerprint and feels great swyping.

ROM
    CM10

Never used a screen protector on a phone, so no.

No to screen protector. After all gorilla glass 2. An no to big thick cases. I bought this phone because it is slim and awesome screen

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    nkd

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts

So much for gorilla glass 2, I went camping and I dropped the phone and it just dropped on a soft surface on sand and there was no nick on the phone but there was scratch on the screen. I have never used a screen protector and I am sure under normal usage it will never get a scratch but don't drop it on sandy surface and you will get a scratch.

On the good side, I called amazon and I told them the story and honest truth, and they are sending me a new phone overnight. I told them that it easily got scratched when it dropped on sand and I had a case on it. They said they will replace it. I was ready for a no, but I was really surprised by their customer service.
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I take that back! The iVisor Moshi Screen Protector scratched my screen a few times. I am now using a Zagg IS..
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    So much for gorilla glass 2, I went camping and I dropped the phone and it just dropped on a soft surface on sand and there was no nick on the phone but there was scratch on the screen. I have never used a screen protector and I am sure under normal usage it will never get a scratch but don't drop it on sandy surface and you will get a scratch.

On the good side, I called amazon and I told them the story and honest truth, and they are sending me a new phone overnight. I told them that it easily got scratched when it dropped on sand and I had a case on it. They said they will replace it. I was ready for a no, but I was really surprised by their customer service.
    Sand will always scratch your glass. Sand is a harder material. Glad they replaced it for ya!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

I'm not but am seriously considering it. Not that I'm worried about damaging the screen, I just can't stand all the smudges and fingerprints. Every time I look at my screen when it's off, I freak out and start wiping.

Prefer not to take the risk. I have on one right now, but it doesn't fit to well. Waiting from some better ones to come on the market.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

currently no, in the future most likely yes

I recommend the Realook Crystal Clear. You can get them on amazon. I purchased a pack of 2 for my Captivate when I first got it on launch day and it still has the same one on it. NO scratches nothing wrong with the screen protector. It is very similar to the plastic that is on the screen when your first buy it. So its not a thin film and never had any issues with touch responsiveness. I highly recommend them. Only prob I had with it was when first applying it I got a tiny dust particle under it an had to reapply but other than that. No complaints.

Well if people want protectors, I would suggest using one like this. This is the same sort of material we put on leading edges on aircraft.

I personally have always used Zagg. Used to work for BBY Mobile and became rather adept at installing them flawlessly. I put a Zagg HD on my HOX and now have one on my SGS3. I've never had an issue with Zagg other than the annoying orange peel effect on the original Zagg but the HD has less of this effect. After 1st installing the Zagg HD you won't see any orange peel effect but after a few days it will start to slightly show up. The only thing I personally don't like about the HD is the fact that it doesn't heal itself the way the original Zagg does... the other thing that is really bugging me about Zagg in general for the SGS3 is that anytime I try to use a TPU case it tends to left the edges of the Zagg. The One X Zagg was 'case friendly' meaning it didn't go all the way to the edge of the display so any cases wouldn't come close to lifting up the edges. Oh well. I managed to find one case for the SGS3 that doesn't lift the screen protector up and that's the Incipio NGP case. Hope this helps someone so they can learn from my experience without having to waste time and money on multiple cases or screen protectors. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 2 7.0

I just got my s3 a few days ago, always put zagg on my products, but every time
    I put a screen cover on (tried two different ones) the screen stops responding
    But when you take it off it takes about an hour to fully function again. Anybody know about this issue?
    Im thinking about just going bareback.

Quote Originally Posted by t3chn0s1s View Post
    I personally have always used Zagg. Used to work for BBY Mobile and became rather adept at installing them flawlessly. I put a Zagg HD on my HOX and now have one on my SGS3. I've never had an issue with Zagg other than the annoying orange peel effect on the original Zagg but the HD has less of this effect. After 1st installing the Zagg HD you won't see any orange peel effect but after a few days it will start to slightly show up. The only thing I personally don't like about the HD is the fact that it doesn't heal itself the way the original Zagg does... the other thing that is really bugging me about Zagg in general for the SGS3 is that anytime I try to use a TPU case it tends to left the edges of the Zagg. The One X Zagg was 'case friendly' meaning it didn't go all the way to the edge of the display so any cases wouldn't come close to lifting up the edges. Oh well. I managed to find one case for the SGS3 that doesn't lift the screen protector up and that's the Incipio NGP case. Hope this helps someone so they can learn from my experience without having to waste time and money on multiple cases or screen protectors. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 2 7.0
    I've been zaggless because the lift problem, I'll give that a try tho thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Recordist

ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

I'm getting an S3 at the end of this week. I was sort of contemplating the whole screen protection vs none thing. I usually go commando on phones. I like the glass feel, cool temperature, smoothness. A co-worker has the S3 with a screen protector (not sure which, but he got it at the AT&T store and they put it on for him) and it really makes his screen look dull and lifeless. We were all shocked when he first got it, but I figured it was the the fault of the screen protector, not the S3 screen itself, which has gotten good reviews.

I definitely will be starting off commando, and see no need to get into screen protectors, but do they all degrade the S3 screen like that to some extent?

Not using one. Don't see the need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    Not using one. Don't see the need for it.
    I agree shame covering that screen. Just as bad as all these monster boxes that hide the phone. With the cost of all that I just insure the phone, and get to keep it looking the way it was meant to. Actually it still looks like a phone not a brick with some hazy piece of plastic on top as well.

But each to their own. Myself if I was worried (Besides insurance) I would just get a cheaper phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

Well, I couldn't possibly disagree more;

Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    I agree shame covering that screen.
    No shame at all, when your SP isn't even noticeable, at all. I've had more than one manager–of mobile phone stores & dept.'s–tell me they couldn't even tell I had a SP on. They all said something to the effect of: What kind of SP is this? Where did you get it?

Just as bad as all these monster boxes that hide the phone.
    Slim fitting, nice looking protective cases that also provide a much needed and improved grip to the GS3 . . .can hardly be categorized as "monster boxes."

With the cost of all that I just insure the phone, and get to keep it looking the way it was meant to.
    That's great, if you never go outdoors and live in a padded bungalow filled with nothing but assorted pillows and pillow furniture and wall-to-wall carpet, I guess.
    A large percentage of a products' designed 'look'– is purposed towards the generation of sales. There's a huge difference between protecting your investment, and keeping "it looking the way it was meant to"...'look' at the phones point of sale. Case & SP interfaces are surely and obviously part of any mobile phones' design.
    Besides, I would wager a pretty hefty bet that most, if not all, of Samsungs' CEO's, responsible for the GS3 design, probably use their GS3's with SP's & cases, as well.

Actually it still looks like a phone not a brick with some hazy piece of plastic on top as well.
    That's ridiculous. . . (see all above).

But each to their own.
    Ah, here's ONE THING we agree on. :rolleyes:

Myself if I was worried (Besides insurance) I would just get a cheaper phone.
    Additional financial products aren't always the wisest, or best solution.
    According to ConsumerReports research, and their related article entitled: Don't buy phone insurance
    "We don't think insurance or extended warranties are worth it. Only 17% of cell phone buyers polled got a new phone because the old one broke, and only 3% because the phone was lost or stolen. A better idea: Keep your old phone until the new contract ends. If you lose or break the new phone, reactivate the old one and use it until you qualify for a free or low-cost phone."

. .(scroll to bottom of page– for cell phones)

Imo, here's a much wiser practice, as described by macmov, and in step with ConsumerReports research & polls:
    Quote Originally Posted by macmov View Post
    My 2 cents says, I feel it's a complete waste of money for ANY tacked on insurance for anything As far as phones are concerned, I'd rather put my money into a quality case for protection and if something ever does go wrong, I always keep my old phone for a backup and would just have one of these phone geek techs repair my phone if I couldn't do it myself. I can guarantee 99% of the time I would come out way ahead rather then buying an insurance plan just to hope they will cover the problem after the deductable they force me to pay.
    Last edited by winmod21; 01-02-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Just get a ZAGG IS HD and be done with it. Then forget all about it. Thats what I did!
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast