Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Anyone not using a screen protector?

Geez...can you please kill off your over-sized avatar!!??

okay folks, here's the real deal straight from the horse's mouth. My friend and I bought our Galaxy S3 phones 5 months (him) and 7 months (me) ago. I have used 2 screen protectors on my phone over this time and he hasn't used anything.

When I put on my second protector he swore up and down that the gorilla glass is scratch-proof and I was nuts for covering my screen.

Well, after this many months I have to admit his phone's screen is as perfect as mine and I'm in the process of peeling off my screen protector right now. I'm gonna go bareback for the rest of this phone's life and wish I did it sooner.
    Last edited by prestonhorin; 05-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.

So much better :-)

I've got a screen protector on my note. On my old phone (iPhone 4) I used a screen protector for about a year and then I took it off for the last year. The screen did eventually get a small scratch on it but it could only be seen in certain lighting. I've always had a screen protector on my galaxy note. I love the 5.3 inch screen and would be sad if it got scratched. The thing with insurance is that unless the glass is cracked they won't fix/replace it due minor scratches as these are classed as cosmetic damage. At the moment I have a matt screen protector on my note. I've always used the clear ones in the past so I'm still getting used to this one. It is better for finger prints and in bright sun light so I might keep it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts

Yes I have always used a screen protector on all my devices. I am a little OCD with my mobile devices which is why after a few years when I take off the screen protector and Otterbox defender case they still look lit new. I could bot stand having a scratch on my screen. I highly recommend best skins ever skins. Have used them on over 30 devices in the past few years and love them.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Not using any. Just have a cruzer light case, changed the last case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

So no protector on mine and never will be using one. Screen still mint.

My phone is goes commando. I put it in a drawstring bag, which is in my carry bag for work. I have one of those cheap, ribbed plastic cases from eBay with clip. It's a great case. So far no scratches. The phone is almost 3 months old.

I don't think the GS3 has gorilla glass. It is hard but can be scratched. I had mine in my pocket with my keys for a short walk from the office to the parking garage and low-and-behold, I scratch the screen that was not protected. (Thank God for BestBuy insurance; got it replaced.) I felt really stupid because I have an Otter Box Defender series with the built-in screen protector. I removed the screen protector because the text was distorted when reading black text on a white background. I now have a Zagg Invisible Shield Protector= best of both worlds; I think

The S3 very definitely has Gorilla Glass:

But Gorilla glass isn't completely scratch proof. There are harder substances. But I used my last phone, an HTC Evo, without a screen protector for about 2 1/2 years. It also has Gorilla Glass. It has a few minor scratches, but not enough to bother me. My left pants pocket is for my phone, and nothing harder than a handkerchief ever goes in there with the phone.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

When I first purchased my phone, I walked away without a screen protector. I thought I could wait until another time to purchase it. Twenty minutes later, I couldn't stand having it without one. It induced far too much anxiety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

From the first Galaxy to my current one I don't use a screen protector. Glass on these are very durable but not scratch proof.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123