Anyone not using a screen protector?

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got my phone yesterday still waiting for some screens to be shipped home. Since it's gorilla glass 2 do you think we need a screen protector?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't use one, but I wouldn't assume the gorilla glass is scratch proof. I just make sure I never put keys in the same pocket

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my Galaxy S II Skyrocket since last November without a screen protector-- not a scratch or blemish to be found. With Gorilla Glass, I don't see the need for putting an extra layer of protection on.

Reactions: bxborn31

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have only seen the screen protectors at the local AT&T store, and they only had a very small selection to choose from. You might want to try Best Buy, and go with a ZAGG. Hope this helps. :)

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't use one, but I wouldn't assume the gorilla glass is scratch proof. I just make sure I never put keys in the same pocket

This. My DX doesn't have a scratch on it and I never used a screen protector on it. (In fact, I didn't even have a case on my DX and it held up very well.)

No need to hide that beautiful screen behind a layer of plastic!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you would be upset for it to get a scratch, you should put a screen protector on. It is jut a matter of time before the phone slips, something hits the screen or even a grain of sand in your pocket puts a scratch on you screen. GG2 will not prevent this.

If you love the look of the bare screen and feel it is a phone and a few small scratches are the cost of having a bare screen, go commando.

IMO it is not if, but when will your screen get scratched. I had a screen protector on mine within minutes of taking it out of the box.

Good Luck!

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I got my screen protector from AT&T. I am not a fan of it. It makes my screen kinda matte. It's difficult to see under the sun. But it sure is nice to know that my sx green is protected.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I got my screen protector from AT&T. I am not a fan of it. It makes my screen kinda matte. It's difficult to see under the sun. But it sure is nice to know that my sx green is protected.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

shoulda got a zagg HD , i dont like screen protectors either but noticed on my HOX that the screen gets marked pretty easy , and i baby my devices.. i dunno if the S3 will be the same way but i put a zagg HD on it to be safe..

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't use screen protectors. The screens are usually very tough... and all that ends up happening with a screen protector is... the screen protector gets scratched and makes the screen look bad.

waltjk42

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
None for me, but I have the case that flips over the screen to provide protection when the phone's in my pocket.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't use screen protectors. The screens are usually very tough... and all that ends up happening with a screen protector is... the screen protector gets scratched and makes the screen look bad.
It's like putting a plastic cover on your new leather couch. No screen protectors for me since my first gorilla glass phone.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector on any of my Gorilla Glass devices including a Tab 10.1, Tab2 7 and the SIII. the naked glass is much more responsive and easier to clean with a much better feel. I do have a Rearth screen protector for the SIII but haven't opted to try it out yet.

jac-3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't planned on it, but the wait was so long at Best Buy, that they offered Zagg installed for $9.95 vs $20 + $8 to install. Glad that I did, I'm so paranoid about the screen on this. I just moved over from a Pre (-).

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla Glass is more durable but is not scratch proof. I find that with ZAGG the fingerprints and smudges and cuts down I n glare.

nairdaotnatus

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Without screenguard phones screen ia really much better and eye catching. But just make sure you dont forget that your phone doesnt use screenguard LoL

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your situation. If you are around sand. I would heartily recommend. I worked on a machine with abrasive sand and it murdered my gorilla glass screen. If I had to work in a situation like that again, I would most certainly put one back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2