03-30-2014 04:41 PM
- Anybody did this mod for their new phone?
I am contemplating on doing this but I want to see a consensus here
I have been seeing tutorials for the galaxy nexus but none for the S3
Anyone have a tutorial link for our phone? Preferably the one that does not need soldering.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk207-07-2012 11:05 AM
- I actually did it last week. It was fairly easy and no tutorial was really needed. Just pull the inductive charger from the Palm back and center it in the back of the S3. Then run a couple of wires so that they meet up with the charging contacts. The poles are flipped so you'll have to adjust the wires for that. Currently mine is just taped in but it works just fine.07-07-2012 09:58 PM
- 07-08-2012 09:07 AMLike 3
- 07-08-2012 09:53 AM
- Bear with me as I try to explain it. That first piece of tape has the wires held in place over the Palm connectors, they are properly separated. The ends of the wires that meet up with the S III are balled up so that when the back is placed on the phone they are pressed into the recess for the connectors. The second piece of tape helps to hold the wires in place. This allows the cover to be popped on and off easily. So, in conclusion, patience and tape with a little forethought.07-08-2012 05:21 PM
Palm really was ahead of its time on this one. RIP webOS * pours one out *07-08-2012 06:32 PM
- I have just completed the Mod successfully using only copper tape and electrical tape.
I would recommend also reading this thread for reference
I would Recommend watching these videos
and the video posted above
this method i think produces the least bulk to the back case.
I can confirm that is does not work with casemate pop with stand for the S3
hope this helps
just to update my post
the copper tape adhesive I have used does not work reliably, the adhesive is not enough make the tape adhere to the contact points from the coil. Electrical tape does not stabilize it enough. Couldn't find a way to make it stay. My charging would go on and off sometimes.
I soldered the copper tape to the contacts of the coil. Note that the soldering parting not on the phone itself but the part you removed from the back cover of the webOS device I used.
also, I think it is better to use one continuous strip of copper tape.07-14-2012 12:14 AMLike 7
- I did this today using pixi parts, they are very slim. I didn't solder anything. Just some electrical tape and careful placement of the wires.
Getting stronger magnets would have helped cause the s3 is much larger when sitting on the touchstone than the palm phones were.07-14-2012 10:36 PM
I used these magnets on Palm Pre extended battery case, HTC EVO, and Samsung Epic. You can use 2 magnets side by side in place of 1 metal disk. Neither of these phones, placed almost vertically, ever fell off the Touchstone in the car. Enjoy!07-16-2012 02:56 PMLike 2
- 07-17-2012 06:54 PM
- 07-17-2012 07:58 PM
As for the charger it is delayed until the fall. Which at this point may only be two months but that is still two months ahead of the curve.07-19-2012 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD