Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffreii
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    16,092 Global Posts

Default Sounds and notifications...

I know some people might think I'm weird. But, when the sound is on for notifications and the likes, even on 1, i.e. the first position that you can move to on the sound bar, the device is loud. Mainly when I'm in the office I don't want it that loud, disturbing everyone. I end up putting it on vibrate, and then miss notifications because I don't feel it on my desk or in my pocket...

I use the 'Opener' sound for email, and the 'On time' for text, etc.

Anyone else have the same issue as I do?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    16,092 Global Posts

Default Re: Sounds and notifications...

Hmm, I just found a 'volume' bar within the sounds section in settings, and adjusted it. Maybe this will help.

Now waiting for a notification

You are not alone. I have the exact same issue. Even when volume is on 1 (lowest non-silent option), the whistle notification sound is entirely too loud.

When I get a chance, I'll custom record my own notification sound (maybe me super soft ping sound)
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Just use BlackBerry notification sounds like I do - everyone is so used to hearing those around the office they won't be bothered!
    Thanked by:
    dervari likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    16,092 Global Posts

I think adjusting that 'volume' thing within the settings menu has helped...

Noob question. How do I choose different sounds for different notifications. I can't figure it out. I go into sound settings and it only let's me chose one sound for texts, emails etc.

for text messages go into settings in the messaging>settings> choose ringtone
    for emails do the same thing and it should let you choose individual ringtones....

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    for text messages go into settings in the messaging>settings> choose ringtone
    for emails do the same thing and it should let you choose individual ringtones....
    Ok, thanks. I appreciate the help.

I have a question for everyone about notifications... does anyone notice that sometimes even when the sound is on the notification sound doesnt play (during SMS) or plays only part of the sound and cuts off? I seem to have this problem with any tone I choose, whether it be from Zedge or a system sound, and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.

No issues here... mine play just fine...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

using the volume rocker only lowers the phone calls volume unless going all the way down to vibrate. but if you press the volume rocker you will notice a settings gear icon on the right, pop up, press that and then you can adjust the volume for your text and media from there.