Screen dims on video playback

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I shot a some video.

When I go into the gallery, the screen is at full brightness.

When I hit play, the display immediately goes to 70%.

In settings | display , auto brightness is UN-checked.

screen timeout is 1 minute of inactivity
Smart stay is UN-checked.
Adjust screen tone is UN-checked.

BTW, the same thing happened in the web browser: I could tell the screen immediately went to like 50%. I couldn't figure it out so I downloaded chrome browser, which worked fine.

What could be going on?

Thanks for any tips,

Mike

socks148

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Video and Stock browser have their own brightness controls. When the video starts playing hit the settings button to adjust brightness. Same with the browser, launch stock browser and theres a brightness level control in the settings menu.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Try the app named Display Brightness. It's a freebie at the play store. It allows one to change screen brightness on the fly from the screen that you are on. Great app! Beats having the brightness adjuster located on the notification pull down.

Reactions: anon(3092520)

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Socks!

I see the brightness setting in the video playback, but I still can't find any reference to it in the stock browser.

Anyone know where it's hiding in the browser?

Thanks,

Mike

socks148

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
In the stock browser you hit the menu button. When the menu pops up, thats only a partial list, scroll the list down, theres more choices below desktop view.

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Try the app named Display Brightness. It's a freebie at the play store. It allows one to change screen brightness on the fly from the screen that you are on. Great app! Beats having the brightness adjuster located on the notification pull down.

Yeah, this app rocks. I love being able to change the brightness by swiping up and down the left side of the screen.