Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT S3 update

Just downloaded a 10mb update for my ATT branded S3. Dont know whats in it, installing it now.

Default Re: ATT S3 update

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
    Just downloaded a 10mb update for my ATT branded S3. Dont know whats in it, installing it now.
    I saw on xda that the update takes away universal search?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766273

Why is there no notification in the dropdown bar of the update?

This really pisses me off!!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you read the main section, the update removes local search on the phone to comply with Apple as well as updating the modem. Not sure it makes sense to install it though.

Quote Originally Posted by jontalk View Post
    If you read the main section, the update removes local search on the phone to comply with Apple as well as updating the modem. Not sure it makes sense to install it though.
    It's just funny how Samsung can push an update like this through immediately yet OS upgrades are almost non existent. For months and months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:

Guys, this post should help you fix it....just install it once you have updated and universal search should work again

look at the OP

New 2nd update kills search functionality?
    Thanked by:

QUESTION: Where is the notification of the update? How was it pushed out?

it's ota(over the air) access your settings about software and search for updates.... It will download and install it.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    It's just funny how Samsung can push an update like this through immediately yet OS upgrades are almost non existent. For months and months.

thats what court orders do......

government has alot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post

a tiny bug fix is a lot less time consuming and easier to push than a full blown OS update....
    Thanked by 2:
    timberga likes this.

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts

Thanks eyecon.... I read the OP and downloaded the old search.apk and I'm bk to normal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Also what does the new "radio" update do? Better signal?

Any ideas?

Exactly. What does the update fix? I may be real newb but my RIM OS7 devices had universal search. Why isn't Apple going after RIM?

they probably are LOL.darn bad apples, they'll get theirs through karma.

srini4digit likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I hope the iPhone fails now.
    Banned

Hey if apple rips everything off from android it might be a half of a pos instead of full blown sh##

Sent from the Darkside of the Force
    Thanked by:
    20blks 

Still haven't received the update. When I check software update it says Software is up to date, check again in (insert declining number here ) hours. Currently 5 hours.

I just got the update a few minutes ago.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Saved for later

Is there a listing of fixes that the update covers?????????

I have mixed feelings about this OTA and those Apple Assholes. The modem fix is one thing, its great, but removing a feature from a phone that has been bought and paid for and doing it in a Apple Slinky Way that's being done is detestable. The device belongs to the owner already. If the change is made to unpurchased inventory, IMO that's one thing, but the phone was purchased with a feature set.
    The way this is being done is distasteful,unsavoryand with no respect to the consumer who has made the purchase already.
    Once again, Apple is trying to dominate the world of technology. Sure there are workarounds and those marvelous folks from XDA will come up with a.miracle or two. In the meanwhile, its just plaintiff simple wrong. The phone was sold with a feature set. They have a obligation and responsibility to their customers who purchase the device, and they don't have a right to force a change because of Apple.
    Thanked by 2:
    STBear likes this.

I still have not received the update, i check for updates and i am told it cannot connect to the update server and it says it will check automatically in the next 48hrs. Not sure if this is bad or not, i like the universal search, but i would like the radio updates as well.

Ugh, I'm really holding off on updating but I know its inevitable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Being new to Android I'm even sure what will be lost by doing the update. I've been postponing it until I understand it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast