signal strength & battery life

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Anybody seem to think the sensitivity on the radio seems to be low? I mean it seems like to me that this phone looses its 4g or what ever signal it gets very easily and when it does it takes forever for it to get a signal back.

Also the battery for Gods sake won't last till I get back home from work with very little to moderate use during the day.

Should I take this phone back or is this the way that most android phones are due to them being very power hunger with the large screens and such.

Just came over from Blackberry so its taking getting used to

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I lost data twice while driving around town this afternoon. Icons in the notification bar indicated I had 4G (HSPA+) connectivity and 4 bars of signal strength. The first time, I couldn't browse the web. The second time, I was listening to iHeartRadio and it just died, with Google Music and Pandora also not able to connect. Both times, I restarted the phone and connectivity came back.

I hope this wasn't because of that stupid OTA update this morning.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
havent had an issue with losing data.... but i have noticed a huge battery loss while in a low signal enviorment... i guess the phone is busy trying to lock in a good signal that it drains the battery quicker...

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning and after the update ran( I had postponed it the max of 3 times) the only way I could get it to go to wifi was to turn wifi off and back on.
I have turned the brightness down to the min and disabled s-voice and the battery does seem to be much better