Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Same problem with my AT&T HTC rooted Vivid. Problem occured after I flashed a custom ROM.

I downloaded and flashed a gapps zip file. That solved my problem. Google: google gapps, locate the right one for your recovery type, flash it, reboot. That worked for me.

Good luck

This problem happened to me as well. For the longest time I didnt know why but then I shut my sync off and realized it stopped. After further investigation it seemed that my google account that i set up when I first got my phone was the problem. All I did was delete the account and then re-add the account. here are the steps I took to determine which account it was as how to delete it.

go to settings > accounts and sync (down at the bottom in the personal section) > click each account 1 by 1 > click sync now. usually the account with the problem will give you the error message every time you try to sync. Delete this account and then re-add the account and this should take care of your problem.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0btech View Post
    here's the fix. simple terms, after doing a factory wipe I tried this and it works! just sucks we have to do this still on android 4.0.4...
    1.goto settings
    2.application manager
    3.goto all
    4.scroll down to internet
    5. clear data!!!! :-)
    6.I would reboot the phone... this will reboot and wipe all bookmarks and favorites. save them before doing this...

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

http://img.tapatalk.com/ad410a40-8cb5-35de.jpg
    I had the exact same error popping up on my phone and found this solution here or somewhere on the internet and I haven't had the problem since.

Help... My HTC Inspire doesn't have a "sync Internet" setting in accounts, sync or applications... I can't even get phone to consistently "sync" with my computer, sometimes it will sync and sometimes it will say "No device connected" even though the phone is hardwired to computer by USB. I've reinstalled the HTC Sync program 3 times without fixing the problems... any ideas? Thank you

I had the same problem. finally called Samsung support. I ended up doing a complete factory reset then reinstalled my apps one at a time. Brutal and time consuming. hasn't happened since.

Thank you. Your suggestion worked for me.

I have same problem can somone help me with this

Smile Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Thank you, so far it hasn't reared it's ugly head again. The trouble account for me was google, after I deleted it and re-added it I haven't seen the error pop up again. Much better than having to wipe the phone

Quote Originally Posted by cviolo View Post
    This problem happened to me as well. For the longest time I didnt know why but then I shut my sync off and realized it stopped. After further investigation it seemed that my google account that i set up when I first got my phone was the problem. All I did was delete the account and then re-add the account. here are the steps I took to determine which account it was as how to delete it.

go to settings > accounts and sync (down at the bottom in the personal section) > click each account 1 by 1 > click sync now. usually the account with the problem will give you the error message every time you try to sync. Delete this account and then re-add the account and this should take care of your problem.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU! That resolved the issue. Awesome.
    Thanked by:
    Max741 

Same problem here on my new and stock Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Every few minutes it froze and showed the annoying pop-up noting that the process had stopped.

Fortunately I found this thread, which pointed me in the right direction. I turned of 'Auto Sync' in 'Settings' and that seems to have done the trick!

This seems the easiest and quickest temporary 'fix' if you're pressed for time.

When you have the time follow the tip above as described by cviolo and sync each and every account manually until one of them produces the evil pop-up. Then you know the culprit you want to delete... ;-)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thumbs up Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Thank you any957. My google account was the issue. I deleted the account and added it back. 3 hours and no error yet. Hope do not get it again ever.

Thanks

i am unable to get a fix for " Unfortunately, the process.com.google.process.gapps has stopped" on my mobile

Google.process.gapps

My GF had the com.google.process.gapps crashing on her Galaxy S3... and gmail, play store was crashing due to that as well. It turned out to be some kind of an error while updating the apps from play store. In the application manager there was a disabled update process which after turning it back on worked liked a charm. So check it as well. It might help you.

raptus, THANKS, SOOOOO MUCH!!!! This happened on my Galaxy Note 2 about 4 days ago. I have tried everything I could find (most of it on my own before reading it, because I am not an android newbie) and I was at a loss because none of it worked! I didn't want to just disable sync and call it good, because I wanted my email and besides that, the play store wasn't just force closing. Why have an android phone if that doesn't work? Again, THANK YOU!!!

Gapps stop

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    I got rid of it by deleting my accounts in setting (Accounts and sync) then adding them back in.
    This worked for me too

I didn't have to delete app data in settings

It happens to me every time i turn on my phone..It is soooo frustrating and Im looking for a solution !

Hi....Does it say disable or uninstall updates because in application manager i clicked google play store under "ALL" it says Disable but then under "downloaded" it says uninstall updates..so which should i click

ive got this error this on my Note 2 for 2 weeks now n getting sick of it.. tried to remove the google sync and re-add the account n it wont work either. i refuse to reboot the phone. anybody that have successfully get through this pls do share step by step method. im a newbie on androids. much appreciate the help. thx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by raptus View Post
    My GF had the com.google.process.gapps crashing on her Galaxy S3... and gmail, play store was crashing due to that as well. It turned out to be some kind of an error while updating the apps from play store. In the application manager there was a disabled update process which after turning it back on worked liked a charm. So check it as well. It might help you.
    Hi raptus, appreciate if u could give a clearer step..

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    Samung Ics Indonesia

I remove all gapps from system.
    Leave only play store and google framework.
    Works for me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.

Thanks a lot for info...

Thumbs up Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Cleaning up all the Data and cache in the browser solved the issue! When you're going to Settings>Application manage>all (Tab)>Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    This did the trick for me ...so far ...what exactly does this sync to internet actually do ?
    Yes I am interested to know this as well.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast