Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920
Like Tree42Likes

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenneke View Post
    Sorry but I don't have an "enable/disable" butten, just force stop, uninstall, clear data etc

Please help
    Don't worry, go to SETTINGS on your phone, open APPLICATIONS, there you find 3 tabs: DOWNLOADED, RUNNING & ALL. Touch the ALL tab & there find all google related applications, especially Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework. Open each one in turn & clear DATA & CACHE in each case. Do the same for Browsers, too. Reboot your device & see for yourself.
    I got rid of that error message in this way & it is now 4th day, the message never appeared!
    Goodluck :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Othman Abdulahi View Post
    Your guidelines was useful to others as I've seen but for me, nothing.

could you please provide me another applicable one. my device is G-S4 and it runs in E-Africa
    Don't worry, go to SETTINGS on your phone, open APPLICATIONS, there you find 3 tabs: DOWNLOADED, RUNNING & ALL. Touch the ALL tab & there find all google related applications, especially Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Google Services Framework. Open each one in turn & clear DATA & CACHE in each case. Do the same for Browsers, too. Reboot your device & see for yourself.
    I got rid of that error message in this way & it is now 4th day, the message never appeared!
    Goodluck :-)
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

Quote Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
    ok, might have a solution, still testing. but it may have something to do w/ your google account and it syncing the "internet". go into accounts/sync then uncheck "sync internet" under your google account. we shall see...
    Think it's just worked for me too, thanks! 😃

Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.on galaxy tab 3

So has anyone found a solution for this please.

I've read so many posts, then discover it is referring to a phone, that it becomes disheartening.

My tablet is only about six months old. I have installed about 10 free apps. Yesterday I did a factory reset. Only put 3 apps back on. I have noticed that the message Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. appears on start up and when closing. I'm sure that must signify something. Can anyone help please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Panagopoulos View Post
    It worked!!! Thanks a MILLION!!!
    I have tried your tip (as I have tried others) but something tells me we might have success I will report back.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdarrah View Post
    I tried everything in this forum, and all suggestions from a half dozen other forums, and nothing worked for me. BUT, I figured out a solution that did finally, if the problem persists for anyone else like it did for me (No factory reset required!): First, remove your Google account (no big deal, you can sign back in in a few minutes). Then, go to Settings>Apps>All> Scroll down to the G's until you get the first thing that has Google in it's name. The first one on my phone (galaxy nexus, CM) is called "Google Account Manager". Click on it and hit "Clear Data". Repeat this process for everything Google in the list. Now sign back into your Google account. You should never see that message again! This worked for me, hopefully it will for you too, if any of the previous suggestions haven't already.
    Well young man, I have followed through your advice on my galaxy tab 3 and hope it has solved the problem. Yesterday I had done a factory reset and it was still there, but it seemed only on start-up and closing down, which made me think it might have been due to syncing. Anyway, I will report back as the day goes on. I note you've only had five posts, so we're lucky to have you here.

PS, gave it an hour, used tab, looked at gmail, clicked on a photo which started download, up pops message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS< Settings --> apps --> All --> Contacts Storage --> clear data and Force stop. Reboot

then went to gmail, clicked on the same photo and the pop-up didn't come. I had copied the exact same route. Dare I say anything else?.
    Last edited by kingfisher171; 04-02-2014 at 04:09 AM.

I joined this forums because I also have this problem "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped".it showed up when I was calling my friend via Facebook Messenger. He was not answering so I closed it after that my tablet hanged. So I did reset my tablet. then that error popped continuously.I followed EVERY STEP in this forum but they were all fail. My device is O+ 7.3 Pad Active (tablet). Since I disabled my Downloads Manager and my downloads. It lessened. But when I re-enabled it, the error popped again. So i tried resetting the apps, it lessened too again. But the error keeps on popping. So I saw the man who said to delete your google account and put it again back. I tried to do it. not so good but when i tried to sign in my account in google. the google account manager stops. i can't remove the errors popping up and i can't put back my email. please if you escaped this problem please help me and the others who have the problem too.

these are the errors that popped up

Google Account Manager
    process.com.google.process.gapps
    Google Calendar Sync
    Du Battery Saver
    You tube
    Google Play store
    Facebook
    the acore something?
    these are the errors so far that have appeared

please help I dont want to reset my tablet because I know that this have a solution.

i think i was downloading Smash It. when i called my friend. but if that was the problem HOW can i stop it if my Google Play is not working?!
    Last edited by Jeck Jeck Bravante; 04-03-2014 at 05:26 AM.

I honestly think I have found the solution, because so far, after doing something, there has been no pop-up. That doesn't mean to say it's gone for good.

To recap, my tablet is six months old.When new, it had quite a number of pre-installed apps on it.

I synced it to my laptop. So every favourite in the bookmarks bar (chrome) came over to tablet. I also added about five apps (free) of my own.

With all this in place, the pop-up appeared. It didn't affect my browsing but it was a pain. Google searches proved to me that a great many people are affected, irrespective of the make of tablet or phone.

I removed/deleted the apps I had introduced.

I tried several methods/tips from other people, all to no avail.

I did a factory reset. The syncing brought my favourites back.

The pop-up was still there, however I think it appeared on start-up/close-down only.

It was then that I decided to STOP syncing and did this from the opening page, by pulling the screen down, then sliding the top bar sideways to show an illuminated SYNC and arrows allowing it to be turned OFF which I did and it greyed out.

One by one, I deleted all the favourites that had synced over so that the tablet was empty (other than the pre-installed apps).

Slowly I googled the websites I wanted (those which I use on laptop) and when I had them on screen, saved them.

The result was that everything I had before, is back, but on my terms, direct from google and not imported via sync.

I have now spent a considerable time surfing on tablet and fingers crossed, I am quietly pleased so far.

Have to go out now, but will look forward to your reply if you try my route.

My sister's tablet is having this problem, except the message won't go away once I hit "ok". The brand and model is Proscan PLT1066. I've pressed the reset button and turned it off and on multiple times. I've searched all over the internet and looked for someone with a similar problem, and I can't seem to find it. If there's anyone that knows how to help, please let me know.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920