11-07-2016 12:26 AM
471 12345 ...
tools
    Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.
    You just saved my life. Thank you very much. I was gonna consider a data wipe but it was as simple as that, as I previously remembered manually cancelling a download when I was in a poor signal area. Immediately this "unfortunately process com google" error message appeared and I was trying to find a way to undo it.
    PeachLAmour likes this.
    12-02-2012 08:37 PM
    Thank you.it helped me
    12-05-2012 11:12 PM
    Thanks for this solution. Just enabled my download manager and my phone's perked up tremendously.
    It was sluggish and slow after I had stopped a download, and this message kept popping up, freezing the phone every now and then.
    Am not techy so this solution really really helped.

Thanks again!
    12-07-2012 12:38 AM
    I have just rooted my S3 and 'froze' a lot of the bloat, and this dreaded message came up. I did as suggested, defrosted the download manager, and bingo, message gone. Thank you very much. You rock.
    12-10-2012 10:47 AM
    Thanx atonn, u hd d smartest solution to d issue... sm stupid people arnd r gving options to factory reset n root ur android n ... thnx a lot...
    12-11-2012 01:04 PM
    I signed up for this forum just so I could say THANK YOU. My gmail and playstore kept crashing and this one little thing did the trick to fix both!!! thank you again.
    12-12-2012 04:26 AM
    i have the same problem but it happens when i receive a message in google talk, have tried all these suggestions even done a reset to factory settings and still happens.. any other ideas?? got the samsung galaxy s3 mini
    12-13-2012 08:21 AM
    Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.
    +1! Thanks!!!
    Zack Fiar likes this.
    12-16-2012 08:19 PM
    Thank you so much for giving a simple solution. Hope you offer more solutions and again thanks.
    12-16-2012 11:00 PM
    Had same problem on S3 LTE. Solution worked. Thanks very much
    I had set a data limit, I think as the phone reached this it automatically disabled the Download Manager if that helps anyone.
    Cheers again great site
    12-18-2012 04:36 PM
    Go setting-> application manager->all-> scroll end -> enable download.
    Problem solved
    manuqwer likes this.
    12-19-2012 06:55 AM
    i had disabled google play store manually in galaxy s3 how do i get back
    12-19-2012 08:04 AM
    Best answer. I was going to back up all my inof and do har reset of my galaxy s3. But, your answer was the most accurate and easy way to solve the problem. Thanks
    12-19-2012 02:55 PM
    "georgegeorge1
    Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it."

This worked for me as well - thanks very much!
    12-19-2012 04:18 PM
    Oh my gosh! You saved me. I was just about to do a full factory reset after losing my tether with it. Thanks!!
    12-20-2012 07:30 PM
    it helped me!thanks!
    12-22-2012 12:39 AM
    Signed up just to say thanks, was about to reset to factory after checking for over a week and thought i'd give it one last try for a cure...Thanks a million.
    12-22-2012 11:24 AM
    I tried everything in this forum, and all suggestions from a half dozen other forums, and nothing worked for me. BUT, I figured out a solution that did finally, if the problem persists for anyone else like it did for me (No factory reset required!): First, remove your Google account (no big deal, you can sign back in in a few minutes). Then, go to Settings>Apps>All> Scroll down to the G's until you get the first thing that has Google in it's name. The first one on my phone (galaxy nexus, CM) is called "Google Account Manager". Click on it and hit "Clear Data". Repeat this process for everything Google in the list. Now sign back into your Google account. You should never see that message again! This worked for me, hopefully it will for you too, if any of the previous suggestions haven't already.
    Mehreen96, cmcole101 and 3_14R like this.
    12-23-2012 05:40 PM
    Plz sand my problem solved
    12-24-2012 01:20 AM
    this is the best solution yet,,,thank u sooo much jmdarrah,, you have saved me the hassle of rebooting my device,,seriously thanks a million
    12-24-2012 12:19 PM
    Haha, the same problem with my GF)) and that helped! Thank you!!
    12-24-2012 04:12 PM
    It is most likely a Samsung proprietary spin on the Google app, that is what happens when the big phone companies lock the systems and proprietize otherwise open source software (Android and Google are built on Linux open source but the Samsung Galaxy SIII isn't AOS (Android Open Source)), then Samsung pass it on to customers without working the bugs out first. It is a sync problem, Samsung needs to fix it as well as the other mfg's out there with same problem, asking Google to fix all the different phone company's screwing with the Google software probably won't get it fixed anytime soon.
    12-26-2012 12:12 AM
    thanks so much!, having the same problem, now my device can auto update! you're such a savior
    12-26-2012 04:03 AM
    I have upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and post that I have started getting this error. I have done all the below excersise
    - Enabled the download manager
    - removed the google account and added back
    - Removed all cached
    - Internet synch
    Can sombody please help me as the google play store has stopped working as well due to this error
    12-26-2012 07:36 AM
    thanx a million friend.. i was irritated with this message always popping up. thanx a million u solved my problem
    12-27-2012 06:47 AM
471 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD