Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

thanks so much!, having the same problem, now my device can auto update! you're such a savior

I have upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 and post that I have started getting this error. I have done all the below excersise
    - Enabled the download manager
    - removed the google account and added back
    - Removed all cached
    - Internet synch
    Can sombody please help me as the google play store has stopped working as well due to this error
    Thanks
    Santosh Kulkarni

thanx a million friend.. i was irritated with this message always popping up. thanx a million u solved my problem

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that solution! I don't recall cancelling a download so I'm not sure how my Downloads got disabled, but enabling them again did the trick! And I had already searched online a few different times and found no solution, so getting to this page was a godsend.

I'd like to just offer this as a point of clarification for some users, as the description of the process given in the solution didn't exactly match what I found in my phone's software, so there may be others out there who will be wondering: I'm on version 4.1.1 on my Samsung Galaxy S3...once in the Application Manager, I had to flick the menu bar at the top to the left in order to find the ALL tab. There was nothing called Download Manager...but I did as the solution suggested, and scrolled all the way to the bottom, even though everything in this list was alphabetical. And there, at the very bottom, was an entry that just read "Downloads". Next to it, it said "Disabled". I clicked that and clicked the Enable button. And that fixed my phone. I went back into this same list, and Downloads was now listed alphabetically.

Oh, and just to offer some of the symptoms I was getting because of this issue: I could not even open the Google Play Market...it would attempt to open, and then shut down immediately. I could view but not save any attachments received in email or with text. Plus, the error message popped up at random times as well, I assume because there were some automatic downloads that my phone was unable to receive.

Again, thanks for the solution!! You rock.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Enable download manager worked on my Galaxy S2 NOTE. You guys rock!

How to do?I have the same problem too

How to do?I have the same problem too

Angry Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

My note 2 cant use play store . I ts all so have gpps error how to correct it

Here is a solution that does NOT require a data wipe or factory reset (that instantly worked for me on Note 2).

1. Go to > Settings
    2. Go to > Application Manager
    3. You should have 3 choices to view the files (that you can select near the top): "Downloaded", "Running" and "All". Select > "All" so that you can view everything.
    4. Scroll and find "Downloads" and open it, then if you see a button called "Enable" then click it to enable the downloads (if it first read "Disable" then don't push it because your downloads should already be Enabled).
    5. That is it! After I Enabled Downloads, my problem was solved.

John.
    Last edited by john bridge; 01-07-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Beverly Gutierrez likes this.

thank u so much u helped me alot

i have a smasung galaxy note 2 and i have that similar problem. so could you please explain your step u have suggested because i do not understand ur brief step.

Thanks a lot it really help its the best answer

I LOVE U, thanks

Thanks for a solution
    I was really tensed

plg help
    me

Here is a solution that does NOT require a data wipe or factory reset (that instantly worked for me on Note 2).

1. Go to > Settings
    2. Go to > Application Manager
    3. You should have 3 choices to view the files (that you can select near the top): "Downloaded", "Running" and "All". Select > "All" so that you can view everything.
    4. Scroll and find "Downloads" and open it, then if you see a button called "Enable" then click it to enable the downloads (if it first read "Disable" then don't push it because your downloads should already be Enabled).
    5. That is it! After I Enabled Downloads, my problem was solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

thank you it worked actually what happened with me was when i was updating subway surfers then the download didn't start so i held the subway surfers process and then i tapped on app info then to remove subway surfers from the notification bar i unknowingly disabled download manager

then i did the following
    went to download manager in application manager>all and enabled download manager then all went right with me

this forum really took me out of a big problem
    than you

dude people have used this method following the forum much much before you commented so please shut your big mouth up and don't copy others XD

- - - Updated - - -

dude people have used this method following the forum much much before you commented so please shut your big mouth up and don't copy others XD

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by georgegeorge1 View Post
    Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.
    THANK YOU!!! I have been having this problem for weeks now & had no idea why!! I was about to restore my phone settings which is the last thing I wanted to do!! I can't believe it was so simple!!

Quote Originally Posted by georgegeorge1 View Post
    Same problem on note 2. Solution: i went to Settings->Application Manager->All tab. I scrolled to the bottom. Download Manager was diabled. I enabled it.
    You're awesome! Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Cheers mate! This seems to be a common problem as I am on a Nexus 4 Android 4.2.1 and your solution did the job

When I go to get in to my play store on my sansung galixy s 3 it won't let me in to get gamea and other stuff

On my sansumg galixy s 3 the play store will not work because when I click on it, it amendly shuts down please tell me how to make it work.

i have this problem with my HTC cha cha..i havent got the option to enable "download manager"
    i suspect though that the problem was intiated when i cleared the data for google services.everytym i try connect any network [wireles...data bundles..] it pops up.

im soo annnoyed.

plis copy any charitable solution to

lemme try
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast