Thanks for the tip, it worked well for me on my Galaxy Nexus. The 'Download Manager' app was at the bottom of the 'All' apps list when it was disabled. I enabled it again and the crashes stopped.
Everyone please take note of this!
DISABLED APPS are listed at the bottom of the apps list...they will not be found in alphabetical order with the rest of your ENABLED apps. All enabled apps are listed in alphabetical order followed by all disabled apps in alphabetical order. READ: Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the list to find download manager - if it's disabled it will be there AT THE BOTTOM.
My GF had the com.google.process.gapps crashing on her Galaxy S3... and gmail, play store was crashing due to that as well. It turned out to be some kind of an error while updating the apps from play store. In the application manager there was a disabled update process which after turning it back on worked liked a charm. So check it as well. It might help you.
This worked. Look for disabled apps in apps manager, enable it, then everything will work out fine.
You didn't say what device you are using. I spent a few days sorting this out on my Samsung tablet. I did a few things.
1) I had Android 3.# operating system(I wanted to stay there so Adobe Flash Player would work) but bit the bullet and upgraded to 4.0#
2) I installed Chrome Browser because I was having problems syncing by bookmarks now in addition to error message.
3) All was okay for a few hours and back came the error message.
4)So I went through all google applications and scrubbed data and cache.
5) I forced close google services because I noticed at the bottom of the screen the mention of process.gapps.
I have now been error free for 48 hours.
6) I installed Photon player and browser to take place of Adobe Flash, not a perfect fit but best I could find.
Hope this helps just one other person using a tablet.
If using a phone check out the instructions here for enabling your download manager. I can't comment further as I haven't had the problem on my phone. Good Luck!
The [language redacted by Mod] same to me :\
.hey anonymous. . Which phone do you have? Cuz my frnds have Galaxy S3 and its work with them and I just suprised y it not work with me and also if I want to download songs it unable -.- is this issue just with Galaxy Note 2 or what? And how to solve it?!
Sir, i had the same problem. I followed all your steps.however, when i opened downloads
It is already enabled. I tried to disable and then enable it again and i restarted
My samsung s3 but the same problem arises.
The error kept of showing up.i need help please ;(