Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunMing Cheng

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Motorola Milestone XT720, and I've been getting the com.google.process.gapps error.
My device doesn't have the preset thingy that's available on the S3 device, so don't bother telling me to do that.
I've even tried factory reset my device, but the problem still persist.

Any idea why?

Thanks!

sunnypal3127

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi can you help me? I just got my s4 and I was fooling around with it and the brightness adjuster just disappeared. Now naturally I guessed I must have disabled it from the settings menu under display but when I got there, the phones completely blocked me out of the brightness menu and I can't adjust brightness anymore. I think this is because I accidentally shut off a core app while fooling around in the applications menu under cached processes. Is there anyway to reactivate that core app. I'm not sure which one it was but can I be helped or am I stuck? Should I try to factory reset it?

Osama Awais

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, process com.google.process.gapps has stopped last many days, I m very very upset. Plz help me and I didn't what I do now

Same problem, but I did no what is the name of downloader?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamida Maqsoudi

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
hi
I am using galaxy Y GT S5360, and i installed over that 4.1.1 rom, and it has not play store on itself then i tried to install it from google but unfortunetely when it installed and when i want to open it, it close immediately and says (com.android.vending close unexpectedly)
some one says that enable download manager but in my phone there is not any option for enabling download manager!

please help meeeeeeeeeee!

fixingahole2

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

Got this error message with my droid incredible 2.

went to this link, and this is what I learned there:

go to:
settings> Applications> Manage Application> All>Select Calendar Synch, Calendar, and Calendar Storage (pretty much any calendar related), and clear the data for each of the apps.
In my case, I am using Business Calendar, but I don't think this matter which calendar you are actually using.
Require to re set up the calendar (I do have couple of different calendars, but the app recognize them right away), which took literally a minute, and then I resync it, and enabled auto sync.
As it sync with your google caneldar, no data is lost.
Just the beginning, but feels good.

found this elsewhere on the internet:

Google Groups

Last edited:

Eanan

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I having this issue with my Nexus 4. Rooted it, installed Cyagenmod 10.2 with TWRP, installed the latest gapps bundle and have tried lots of stuff wrote in this thread but to no avail. Any ideas?

Othman Abdulahi

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Your guidelines was useful to others as I've seen but for me, nothing.

could you please provide me another applicable one. my device is G-S4 and it runs in E-Africa

rudster69

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I had SAME ISSUE. ATT asked Samsung to send me a new phone and they did since it has been a major issue but its Googles PlayStore whats causing the problem. This is TRUE!!!

Posted via Android Central App

vanitav

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
hello this messaye is been displayed on my phone.i have an htc one sv.im not been able to make calls neither use the internet.help plz

scalony

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't even access the machine itself because, the inscription "the process com.google.gapps has stopped" how can i stop it as well as uninstall since it keeps on coming anytime i put it on

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Boot into Recovery mode and perform a Factory Data Reset.

Of course, you'll lose all of your information (anything that isn't synced with the cloud).

You could try booting into Safe mode, but I honestly don't think that would work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

mwrmt

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine just did this right now and it also deleted my home screen wallpaper. I deleted all internet data and cache. So we'll see.

Is it normal for it to delete the wallpaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm