Page 1 of 20 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Hello,
    I keep getting this error message, it's usually when I am on the Internet or a application.
    Not sure what it means, anyone experience this error? How do I fix it?
    Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Timbacak; 07-13-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Just a cool guy

ROM
    Unrooted with Nova Prime

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

That's your Google Apps process that's crashing/force closing. It's really annoying when that keeps happening. Are you rooted/rommed? If so, something may have gotten botched during a flash (or the rom isn't fully baked yet). If you're not rooted, it's probably a conflict with another app.

If the problem persists, you can either uninstall a buch of apps and see if that fixes it or do a factory reset and add back your apps one by one until you find the offender.
    Thanked by 3:

found this elsewhere on the internet:

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I got rid of it by deleting my accounts in setting (Accounts and sync) then adding them back in.
    Thanked by 3:
    milanjaros likes this.

i kept having the same issue wjile using the stock browser.... all i did was go to settings>application manager>internet and then I reset to defaults.... havent had that issue since.... hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    i kept having the same issue wjile using the stock browser.... all i did was go to settings>application manager>internet and then I reset to defaults.... havent had that issue since.... hope this helps..
    didnt work for me. still happens. it will happen on certain websites. the browser will freeze and then a few seconds later it will pop that error

ok, might have a solution, still testing. but it may have something to do w/ your google account and it syncing the "internet". go into accounts/sync then uncheck "sync internet" under your google account. we shall see...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I was having the exact same issue and it was driving me nuts, I just master reset the phone and did not restore the phone from apps after entering your google account during setup menu. You may not need to restore the phone to get it fixed but it was annoying me so much i just reset it. I been problems free for 3 days now.

Try using a different browser to see if it continues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was getting that annoying message three to four times a day.. when I disabled sync it stopped for good.

I did a factory wipe.fixed it. LOL.started happening right after I tried Kies updates.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

Thumbs up Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopp

Tried the below solution some ok recommended. Works like a charm for my Samsung galaxy S3. Spent couple of hours with ATT and BestBuy geek squad. No one could resolve the issue and swapped with a new phone. Started to happen on the new phone as well It was quite annoying. Below resolution just did the trick. thanks a bunch.

ok, might have a solution, still testing. but it may have something to do w/ your google account and it syncing the "internet". go into accounts/sync then uncheck "sync internet" under your google account. we shall see...

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gopi korukanti View Post
    Tried the below solution some ok recommended. Works like a charm for my Samsung galaxy S3. Spent couple of hours with ATT and BestBuy geek squad. No one could resolve the issue and swapped with a new phone. Started to happen on the new phone as well It was quite annoying. Below resolution just did the trick. thanks a bunch.

Yeah I mentioned that in an earlier post.. Its a sync issue for sure.. when I disabled "Sync to internet" it worked as normal afterwards
    Thanked by 3:

Another solution I found is to clear the data and cache for the native browser in applications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    Oisnas and here4kids like this.

worked for me

Thanked by:

So this is my third Samsung S3 ATT.
    First was to hot to hold after 1st charge
    2nd got this message reapeatly
    3rd looked good first week then it started again
    Just turned off sync and it worked fine
    But I need the email to sync. Its my business
    Turned back on and the error came right back.

I Will report this to Samsung and ATT but from what I read it is happening on all brands. So they have to get Google to move on this.
    Thanked by:

here's the fix. simple terms, after doing a factory wipe I tried this and it works! just sucks we have to do this still on android 4.0.4...
    1.goto settings
    2.application manager
    3.goto all
    4.scroll down to internet
    5. clear data!!!! :-)
    6.I would reboot the phone... this will reboot and wipe all bookmarks and favorites. save them before doing this...

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This did the trick for me ...so far ...what exactly does this sync to internet actually do ?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I had that, Delete your google account, then add the account back. Worked for me.
    Thanked by 2:

I've been stuck trying to get GoogleVoice properly set up for 2 days now - would always get the "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." message during the app configuration for voicemail. The only thing that worked was to remove my Google account from my phone, then I rebooted, and re-added my Google account and it was all done. Now if I could just get the # to show up on my phone that I'm dialing, instead of the relay #, I'd be all set.

it's under phone setting under the internet login, not on your phone app for GV.

login from your computer.or use desktop mode on your android.

I turned off the 'Internet Sync' in the account and sync menu and haven't been able to recreate the error since. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks y'all.

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

My HTC EVO 4G LTE sprint, though this thread doesn't list my device, i'm getting the same errors...stock everything, haven't even rooted yet nor have google wallet activated, and getting this error. Funny thing is im also getting errors while using my gmail docs on my PC...slow and laggy. Started thinking it may be a server issue altogether. Then tonight they released Google Drive replacing Google Docs...hmmm maybe that will stop the errors. NOPE. I've got no reason to believe that going back to stock will help as I'm still in stock Rom, not rooted, nada. This is a bug that hopefully will be in an update they are currently working on presently. Trying to remove all gmail accounts and re-adding appears to not help the errors either and if I have to clear my contact sync's well then I will have no contacts as they are all saved through gmail. Workarounds are great, but time consuming and often work on one device and not another. I feel writing google will help kick start some buggy code that needs some doctoring. Let's just keep each other posted and hope there is a solution soon enough because I don't dig errors on a brand new phone.

Default Re: Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

This looks like a great Android forum and I'm glad to have found it. Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 20 1234 ... LastLast