S III default weather widget

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Morning all -

1. Does anyone use the default Samsung Galaxy S III weather widget?
2. Do you have it set to update automatically?
3. If the answer to the above two questions are yes, do you notice that from time to time the refresh icon will remain spinning for quite a while? (and this is in an area where you're connected to WIFI, 4G or LTE.

weather.png

Thanks in advance

Ivan

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I noticed that as well. It was specifically if I was outside in my car and close enough to stay connected to WiFi. Otherwise it was quick when we were out and about. But default widget started to clash with my wallpaper so I switched to a GO widget for weather :p

2guests

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What does the numeral 1 in the little sun mean? You can see it in the screen shot in the OP above.

Edit: Found a thread about this...consenus is it's a daylight savings time indicator

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/189075-funny-icon-accuweather-widget.html#post1962545

Last edited:

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that from time to time... I've also noticed that it doesn't refresh at the 1hr interval that I have it set to... anyone else notice this???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it once. But, to be honest, who really has to check the weather that often? Hence I've turned off updating, and when I want to check it, I'll update it.

At least that is one less thing to chip away at my battery ;)

Mine does that from time to time... I've also noticed that it doesn't refresh at the 1hr interval that I have it set to... anyone else notice this???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
What I notice is that if I entered my location manually it doesn't always give the same readings as the same location determined by GPS. i.e. I put in that I am at 30303 (downtown Atlanta) and save it, then allow it to use gps from downtown Atlanta, the manual one says its 93 outsode, but the GPS based one says its 97. My weather widget on my PC must be a compromise, as it says its 95. Curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs