AT&T Galaxy S3: lots of apps force closing

Wickedone82

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok i have no idea what is going on with my phone . alot of my apps are force closing. i can open facebook no problem but i cant update my status on it with out it closing. if i used mp3 downloader force closes. this is very frustrating , anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: lots of apps force closing

I can't, i declined it last week i think and now i no longer get any prompts about it and when i check for updates none are available. It keeps saying touch wiz is not responding, since i wrote my first message on this post using it it has gotten to the point where the phone is un usable as it freezes constantly, i am doing a factory reset if it will allow me to.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

You may just need to factory reset. That will definitely get the update to prompt again.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site

Well the reset went well, phone works better then ever so far. Still no update prompt, but as long as the phone works it's all good.

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I have not seen any FC and had my phone for ten days now. I was prompt to install the update but postponed for the max of 8 hours twice but on the third notice it installed itself.I don't know what happened but I really miss the local search.:(

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I am also having this issue with mine. I had a few apps force closing on me and it happens very frequently. Sometimes my screen would just go black and become unresponsive for a few seconds and then the "stopped responding" error message shows up. the first day I got my SGS3 it froze up on me which I found very odd as well.

Alfonsca

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I have VZW version. Today is my 8th day with the device and I have gotten a few FCs but it was in apps that are not "common" apps (like facebook). I got it in music paradise (music search and download app), and one other app that I can't remember. Other than that it is working beautifully. TIP: for those of you on AT&T and Sprint who took the OTA and lost Google Search, you can grab the .apk for Google Quick Search and re-install. It was mentioned by Jerry H. in several posts a few days ago when the announcement was first posted on AC. :)

neccoguy21

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen any FC and had my phone for ten days now. I was prompt to install the update but postponed for the max of 8 hours twice but on the third notice it installed itself.I don't know what happened but I really miss the local search.:(
You can get local search back no problem. I did it with my girlfriends GS3. Just search the forum for a post about it with a link to the Googlequicksearchbox.apk. Download it and install it (replacing the current quick search app) and blam-o, local search back in all its glory.