Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Galaxy S3: lots of apps force closing

Ok i have no idea what is going on with my phone . alot of my apps are force closing. i can open facebook no problem but i cant update my status on it with out it closing. if i used mp3 downloader force closes. this is very frustrating , anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-19-2014 at 08:21 PM.

I have started having the same issue, not sure why

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Jay Sacks likes this.

Default Re: lots of apps force closing

Are you rooted, using a custom ROM?
    - Keith

I'm not, and I have not installed the new update from att

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Well it can't hurt to install the new update. You may also have a rogue bad app causing issues.

Keith
    Galaxy Nexus.

I can't, i declined it last week i think and now i no longer get any prompts about it and when i check for updates none are available. It keeps saying touch wiz is not responding, since i wrote my first message on this post using it it has gotten to the point where the phone is un usable as it freezes constantly, i am doing a factory reset if it will allow me to.

You may just need to factory reset. That will definitely get the update to prompt again.
    devan3329a1 likes this.

Well the reset went well, phone works better then ever so far. Still no update prompt, but as long as the phone works it's all good.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedone82 View Post
    if i used mp3 downloader force closes.
    Can't be 100% sure, but check if you have some shady looking programs. "MP3 Downloader" sounds pretty "rogue-ish" to me. That being said it could be legit, just check all your installed apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoandroid99 View Post
    Well the reset went well, phone works better then ever so far. Still no update prompt, but as long as the phone works it's all good.
    If you want to update just go to settings and about software and check for update that way.... But only if you want it

I have not seen any FC and had my phone for ten days now. I was prompt to install the update but postponed for the max of 8 hours twice but on the third notice it installed itself.I don't know what happened but I really miss the local search.

Quote Originally Posted by Csisprincess View Post
    If you want to update just go to settings and about software and check for update that way.... But only if you want it
    I have tried that daily, and it says communication failed. When it does wrk, it says I'm up to date.

My voicemail app and contacts apps keep closing.

been using mine for over a month and i've not experienced this once

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am also having this issue with mine. I had a few apps force closing on me and it happens very frequently. Sometimes my screen would just go black and become unresponsive for a few seconds and then the "stopped responding" error message shows up. the first day I got my SGS3 it froze up on me which I found very odd as well.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Im rooted but thats it . nothing changed as far as rom or anything else.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I have VZW version. Today is my 8th day with the device and I have gotten a few FCs but it was in apps that are not "common" apps (like facebook). I got it in music paradise (music search and download app), and one other app that I can't remember. Other than that it is working beautifully. TIP: for those of you on AT&T and Sprint who took the OTA and lost Google Search, you can grab the .apk for Google Quick Search and re-install. It was mentioned by Jerry H. in several posts a few days ago when the announcement was first posted on AC.

Quote Originally Posted by datastar View Post
    I have not seen any FC and had my phone for ten days now. I was prompt to install the update but postponed for the max of 8 hours twice but on the third notice it installed itself.I don't know what happened but I really miss the local search.
    You can get local search back no problem. I did it with my girlfriends GS3. Just search the forum for a post about it with a link to the Googlequicksearchbox.apk. Download it and install it (replacing the current quick search app) and blam-o, local search back in all its glory.

I am due for an upgrade soon, should I go for sgs3 or something in the HTC dept?

Its like either phone has something the other one doesn't have
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Quote Originally Posted by frankm.348 View Post
    Its like either phone has something the other one doesn't have
    This is an odd thread to post that off-topic question in!

Anyways I suggest you research each device and read up on both forums to see what users like/dislike. I personally think the GS3 is the better device despite the HTC One X having a slightly better screen. The lack of a MicroSD card on the One X was enough to sway me to the GS3.

Post Re: lots of apps force closing

facing the same problem app froce close after installing link2sd on my rooted htc explorer using jaggy rom 3 i uninstall the app but the problem same the app instaler pakg also force close what can i do man

hmm

Im not sure if my appa are force closing, i don't get a force close popup, if its a game it just goes to first start menu. Running seriously slow... My first razr maxx hd was awesome, this one must be a lemon...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast