Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Screen Darkening Problem

Here's an example of the problem. From the home screen I tap the weather at the top and the weather screen opens. I then tap the location and, again, the new screen opens without a problem. However, if I then tap one of the six days at the bottom, the new screen opens and is so dark it's hard to read. Anyone know why this is happening?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen Darkening Problem

Another example I just found is when I tap on Device Help. Then next screen is also too dark to read easily.
    spm

check your settings. i had a similar problem. make sure any "auto adjust" Brightness is disabled and Battery Savings (which i believe also has a "screen dimming" adjustment is off.
    I forget where everything is, but start w/ settings>Display and Battery.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply, but I have done both of those things and the problem is still there. Still looking for a fix.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Found the solution. When on the dimmed screen I tapped the menu button and found a brightness control. This is different than the settings brightness control. I disabled the automatic brightness and used the slider and the problem was solved.