Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is there so much battery drain when not in Use?

So when in standby, why is there so much drain on the battery? I fell asleep last night with around 30-35% on my battery left, and woke up an hour and a half late because the battery drained, and my phone shut off. While my iPad 3 went untouched Sunday after a complete charge, and only went to 99% on Monday morning when I decided to use it again. I usually set my alarm for 5AM and figured even at 35% at worst I'd just have to charge it as soon as I woke up, but didn't think I'd possibly lose the rest of the battery when it was simply in standby. Any way to fix this problem in the future?
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Default Re: Why is there so much battery drain when not in Use?

Please see the above for some useful tips. It all depends upon what you have running the background and what kind of connections, etc.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I also hear if you do not use S-voice you can disable it to save even more battery life. I am trying it out this morning to see how it works. If you give me a day I will report back with my findings.

Normally by 4PM I reach 40% .. this includes checking email,messagin every hour and constantly on 4G .. After disabling S-Voice (sorry it really needs to improve a heck lot !) and small tweaks such as stop wifi at work .. I was able to increase my battery by a lot ! Its 4PM now and I am at 65 % :-) ..
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try md remember to also close all apps, turn off wifi and a few key elements. Thanks!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

This is the same issue my gf had with hers. Read online that when you have too many accounts synced on your phone it drains the battery, so we unsynced some stuff, and still waiting to see if it solves the problem.

When the screen is off it doesn't mean that the phone is off... it keep working in the background...

kinda reminds me of the ad before a movie at Cinemark "does your phone dream?"....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I had this same issue, turned out to be a weather app i installed, went from 60% to dead overnight, even with an 8hr refresh setting. Took it off and stayed with default and now I only lose 4% overnight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeful View Post
    I had this same issue, turned out to be a weather app i installed, went from 60% to dead overnight, even with an 8hr refresh setting. Took it off and stayed with default and now I only lose 4% overnight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I still haven't determined the cause but last night I lost maybe 8% with the same settings on so no big deal. I went to sleep with a substantially fuller battery charge too.

I recommend opening the task manager and killing all tasks before going to sleep. You don't need anything running in the background and that point anyways so just kill it all. As others have mentioned, turning off sync accounts helps too, just manually sync once in a while for stuff you don't need. And disabling apps you don't need may help too. I started a thread about increased battery life from disabling svoice. Hopefully some of these can fix it for you, cuz that problem is definitely important!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

I think if you will simply turn off and disable S voice you will see a hugh increase in battery life. I did

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    I think if you will simply turn off and disable S voice you will see a hugh increase in battery life. I did
    Agreed...