Just bought my GS3! First time ever with an android device!

Theraker007

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.. long time iphone user here.. Owned the original, the 3g, 3gs, 4 and 4s.. so yeah.. this is a big change for me. I was a hardcore jailbreaker and loved exploiting my iphone to the fullest and I knew all the tricks on the iphone like the back of my hand.

This is my first day with an android phone and I am blown away by the beauty and smoothness of the gs3. However, this phone is so foreign to me I don't even know where to begin. I want to learn how to optimize my phone to be as fast as possible.. learn where to read up on rooting the phone and doing cool tricks, getting rid of as much bloatware as possible.

In essence, I'm looking for a starting point for someone who hopes to become an advanced user once he understands the OS.

If anyone or multiple people can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged! I am loving the phone and can't wait to see what it can REALLY do. One of the first things I want to know how to do are what steps to take to maximize battery life.. I am a very heavy user. I already plan on buying one of those keychain adapters to plug in and charge my battery, but in the meantime, every little bit helps.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hope you realize if you root, you also void the one year warranty. I'm about to get a garnet red GS3 and have been learning a lot about Android and how best to take advantage. Coming from a clunky old iP3G am sure this will be fun. The people in these forums are awesome too!

I also just realized that the email apps on the phone do not support pinch zoom like iOS, but I hear the K9 mail app does.. And then there's keyboards, launchers and even anti-virus like Avast.. Very cool. Enjoy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21