Palm Swipe SS is crap & Home+Power SS not working

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The palm swipe screenshot feature is garbage so i disabled it. But I can't get the Home+Power or Home+Volume to take a screenshot.

Is there something i am missing or some setting i have to change so that the Home+Power will take screenshots?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Home + Power works well/easily for me. Just make sure you press them at the same time. The palm swipe thing was far too unreliable for me to ever use - disabled.

dlindo21

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is the trick to the palm swipe. Use the edge of your hand (like a karate chop) not with your hand flat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Just look it up on YouTube. It's simple once you see a demo

Los says swag

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the problem most people have (myself included) is that they try to swipe the entire length of the screen. Try keeping your fingers off the screen and just using the edge of the palm of your hand

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you guys are making such an easy task out to be a difficult one. Both methods are about as simplistic and easy as it gets. Palm swiping might not be as natural but it still works fine.

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You know your palm has to touch the screen right? That's far easier than the home + whatever option.

Yes i knew that.

Here is an example of why I think the palm swipe sucks:

I want to take a SS of a web page i have zoomed in on. I swipe my palm from right to left. The webpage scrolls to the right a bit, before it takes the SS. So the SS i get is not at all the SS i was trying to take.

You see?

Creek

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes i knew that.

I want to take a SS of a web page i have zoomed in on. I swipe my palm from right to left. The webpage scrolls to the right a bit, before it takes the SS. So the SS i get is not at all the SS i was trying to take.

You see?

I did the swipe in the default browse, Chrome, and Firefox and didn't see any screen movement and the SS was taken as designed.

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes i knew that.

Here is an example of why I think the palm swipe sucks:

You see?

no... no i dont.. unless your missing part of you hand i think this couldnt get any easier.

Truth Injector

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Palm Swipe works just fine on the Verizon/ATT/etc Galaxy S3 (SIII) you must swipe from left to right or right to left and the side of your hand must swipe across the glass(actually touching the glass on the pinky side of your hand with your hand held out straight just like you hold your hand in karate chop shape but you swipe the side of your hand from right to left or left to right).... I kept seeing all the people saying you should not touch the screen! It will not work if you don't touch the screen! Just simply swipe across the screen with the side of the hand wiping the screen like a window shield wiper.

Graham Jones

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Palm swipe was working very well on my s3. Easily captured many screen shots, but now not working even though activated in settings! Home + power works fine. Also mute by palm function not working! Phone unlocked running Android 4.1.1.onO2 Help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek