Bluetooth Static/crackle noise

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to see if anyone is getting a lot of bluetooth static/crackle noise on their phone. I use Bluetooth a lot as I am on the road a lot and the static is horrible. I find it hard to talk to clients/gf/family etc.
Does Samsung have a solution in sight? I have seen some similar complaints on the other carrier forums about the BT situation.
I have a plantronics and Moto bt headset and right now the atrix hd is starting to look good if this cant be resolved.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I only use it with my vehicle's built-in Bluetooth functionality but it is much clearer than the BB Torch the SIII replaced. I have an old Jawbone BT ear piece but since I got the systems built-in I never use it.

Mike

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I use my LG Bluetooth headset while I'm at the gym and haven't had any issues....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

shurkovsky

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my brand new Galaxy Nexus. I have Android 4.1.1 and Motorola h17txt which works fine with my old Samsung Exhibit. The music sounds good. The problem occurs only during phone conversation. If you found out how to solve this problem, please let me know.

masterbw

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i have the same problem, and i used 2 different kind of BT receivers to verify this problem. my old phone worked flawlessly with these BT receivers.
there's definitely an issue with the BT on the Galaxy S3 and we need a solution soon.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have static issues, but it comes and goes for me when i use my cars built in blue tooth. Some calls its perfect, others it has issues and some calls start off bad but just become crystal clear. I'm not sure if its AT&T network or the BT that has a issue, the other person i'm on the line with usually has AT&T as well.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a customer I call frequently and get placed on hold while they pay me to twiddle. There is a faint crackle in the background that serves to notify me their crap phone system has not yet dropped the call. I'm ok with that.

sholling

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my S3 and Plantronics Voyager. I had no problems the first few weeks but now the static is so bad that the phone is almost unusable but it's only a problem when using it as a phone. Plantronics replaced the headset but that was no help. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they confirm that it's a Samsung problem, probably a firmware problem, and one that they claim Samsung is well aware of and supposedly working on.

lilbitrusty

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my Galaxy SIII and a pioneer head unit in my car. The first handset I received from Rogers crackled on every single call, they replaced the handset and the new one does the same thing on about 75% of the calls. On my end I loose about 1/2 of every incoming word and on the other end they tell me it sounds like I am underwater. Once this has happened, if I switch back to BT Music then it stutters and chops the music as well. The only way to recover seems to be to re-pair with my head unit by turning BT on and off on the handset. That certainly doesn't work while driving :(

I just spoke with both Rogers and Samsung and I've had to factory recover my phone (using the factory boot method) and will try it out later today. I certainly hope that this works, I recently switched from an iPhone to this handset and I like it a lot, but if I can't make phone calls then what's the point :(

Gallup93

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to see if anyone is getting a lot of bluetooth static/crackle noise on their phone. I use Bluetooth a lot as I am on the road a lot and the static is horrible. I find it hard to talk to clients/gf/family etc.
Does Samsung have a solution in sight? I have seen some similar complaints on the other carrier forums about the BT situation.
I have a plantronics and Moto bt headset and right now the atrix hd is starting to look good if this cant be resolved.

Day 2 with my Note7 and my Bluetooth speaker (Jawbone) and headphones (jaybird x2 & Sony) crackle. Disappointed..

Any solutions?