Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Web Address Bar...?

EDIT: So I stumbled on a solution for this problem. Long pressing the menu button while in the browser brings up the web address bar for editing.

I've had the S3 since it's AT&T release and one thing is just bugging the crap out of me. On my Skyrocket I could bring up the web address bar in the native browser by pressing the menu button whenever it disappeared. On my S3, however, I cannot bring up the web address bar unless I scroll all the way to the top of the page. This gets tedious and annoying, especially if I'm at the bottom of a really long page.

Is there a setting, or another trick that will get the address bar to appear? TIA
    BlackBerry>Galaxy SII Skyrocket>Galaxy S3 (current)

When I'm reading something it hides away but as soon as I scroll down or tap the screen it pops up at the top... no need to scroll to the top...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Web Address Bar...?

requires scrolling back to the top to see the address bar too on my device
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by nelonez View Post
    When I'm reading something it hides away but as soon as I scroll down or tap the screen it pops up at the top... no need to scroll to the top...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    That doesn't happen with mine, as soon as it disappears even scrolling on the page won't make it reappear. Even tapping on various areas of the screen doesn't make it show back up. I have to go to the top of the page.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Solution found and posted in OP.

I use Dolphin HD which I like a lot better than the built in browser. With Dolphin if you hit the menu button you get both the address bar and the bottom menu (Bookmarks, Forward, etc). Might want to give it a test drive.

Rev.
    Galaxy S5
    Ubuntu Linux 12.04
    IT Tech

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/ rooted

You can also enable quick controls from the Settings menu under Labs.