Video is too big to send in a message

mckain87

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
For some reason when I record videos on my phone, I cannot send them. No matter how small the video is, even like a 7 second video that I have, I try and send it and it says that the file is too big for attachment. Does anyone know how I can fix this. How do I make it so it does not record and save as such a large file? This is kind of lame if I can't even record a video from my phone and send it to someone as well!

Any helpful tips would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Zach

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Email it. You can't send the videos these new phones take in a text message. If you take the video from within the message app you can but the quality is not good. Or use a service like YouTube. Upload your videos, keep them non public if you want, and send to them threw YouTube. That's how I send my high quality videos in text.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to email myself the OB Defender review video from my son's laptop where I did the editing, my ISP would not allow it because of its size. I had to save to his hard drive and upload to YouTube. Granted, it was almost 75 MB and a little over 10 minutes long.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
A 10 min long video is definitely a bit long. That is why it is best to use a service like YouTube. Glad you were finally able to send it. ;)

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
It's because u can't send like hd vids. U have to do this(or at least from my one x) when ur Texting someone u should be able to attach vids and pics u just do that and select to take one. Don't select from gallery.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

justin_aga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
thats one thing good on iPhone .The video will send through text, it just wont be great quality if its big. I used to get messages from a few that the carrier wouldnt accept a file that big

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting in the camera that sets the video quality to one that can send threw text messages.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting in the camera that sets the video quality to one that can send threw text messages.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

It's just apple makes it much easier by converting the video on the fly when you want to send, instead of saying file to large.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Try using whatsapp it allows you to send videos that are up to 12mb in size at once. Thats more than most e-mail clients will allow and more than you can do via text.

Only issue with whatsapp is that the person on the other end has to have it too. Its free so just try it and I'm sure some of the people in your address book already have it so you may get lucky.

aatoinee

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
The only way to send a video as a text file is to start a text, select attach, select video, and stat to record. Keep in mind the quality is extremely poor. I have gone through all the settings on my note and the quality did not change.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only way to send a video as a text file is to start a text, select attach, select video, and stat to record. Keep in mind the quality is extremely poor. I have gone through all the settings on my note and the quality did not change.

Or you can do as I do all the time,, change the quality setting in the camera and make a video. You don't have to do it as you said. The best part about it is on the lowest setting,, when you're making a video it automatically stops recording when limit for sending in the text is reached.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

surfer73

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I found the answer. When the video was on in the camera I went into settings and then recording modes and changed to limit MMS.
I could not downsize videos I had previously recorded but the new one I made was attached to a text and was sent OK in the correct size and got to the recipient.
I had gone into the vodafone shop with this query previously only to:D be told I could not send any. They did not know about limitting the size either.

lavrishevo

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Camera settings while in video, recording mode, limit for mms. I always hated this after switching from the I phone but you can't have it all...

billy read

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I try too send videos I take and it always says too big , but if I send it thru YouTube it works any other way to send it? I try too email the video and don't work..any suggestions?? Thanks ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I try too send videos I take and it always says too big , but if I send it thru YouTube it works any other way to send it? I try too email the video and don't work..any suggestions?? Thanks ...

Have to have the option on the camera set to limit for MMS. It will make the quality crap but carriers won't let us send HQ videos through MMS.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Please let me know what this setting is in the camera because I have changed it to the lowest quality setting that you can choose, and it still does not make a difference!
When in video mode, select <settings>, <recording mode> <limit for MMS messages>. The video quality however will be very poor. The MMS limit uses a much lower resolution than any other setting, thereby making the file size small enough to send.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude