NFC Tags to replace passwords?

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to set a NFC tag to replace my password on my G III? Where I work they have some strict yet strange security protocols. Blackberry's automatically lock after 30 minutes of non-use...but Android devices lock after only 5. They technology geeks are working on a way to make everyone 30 minutes and you can imagine how annoying it is to basically have to enter your password every time you use your device.

So is there a way to set a NFC tag to enter my password (which of course needs to be changed every 3 months) to save time? Yeah it's a work around, but would make it much easier when sitting at my desk or at home.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I like them. I have mine lock after 5 minutes or if I press the power button to turn my screen off! I don't think they are doing anything to unreasonable IMO. With security these days that sounds pretty good.

However with the NFC tags I don't know that answer. As far as putting in the password for you I bet it can. As far as changing it? I would think not but hey anything is possible! I don't personally use them. I just wanted to comment to let you know that I don't think you have it all that bad to began with. :)

Good luck and I hope they can program the NFC tags to do what you would like!

Cheers...

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Believe me it's not the worst thing, but would be nice to have a work-around.

I'll probably make my way over to the ATT Store and have them set it up for me. Would prefer to not have to wait for a sales rep.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My company uses MobileIron and enforces a 15-minute timeout. Passwords must be 8 characters, contain a number and a letter, and a 10-strikes-and-wipe rule is in place.

I don't mind, really, but I really, REALLY miss my BlackBerry's capability to make phone calls from the address book (or even at all!) when the phone is password-locked.

Still, if your company is enforcing a 30-minute rule for BB, they should be able to set the same time limit on Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith