Micro SD Card Issue

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Samsung 32gig class 10 card from amazon but my galaxy s3 does not want to read it all....i get a message "sd card blank or has unsupported filesystem".
The card is read perfectly on my pc and on my daughters samsung infuse.

Suggestions?

joelol75

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, worst case is to back up your data and reformat the card. I prefer Linux to do this as.. well I just prefer Linux. A valid argument would be that this is the same vfat format android uses. You can dl Ubuntu live cd and use gparted. Blow the entire filesystem away by creating a new msdos partition table. Create a single vfat32 primary partition using all available space (it will default to this) and format it. Safely eject it and all should be gold. If it doesn't work try a different size and brand. If this doesn't work still it sounds like the sdcard slot or something with the phone went south.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a Samsung 32gig class 10 card from amazon but my galaxy s3 does not want to read it all....i get a message "sd card blank or has unsupported filesystem".
The card is read perfectly on my pc and on my daughters samsung infuse.

Suggestions?

Yeah. What's the format shown in the pc? Extfat? You need to have the format in FAT32 or FAT16.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781